DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again I'm up against the different numbers in Australia.

The vehicle is a 1987 B350 with 360 engine, I want to do an oil Change but I have to do it in the bush, which means I need to have the right filter on hand when I do it as once it comes off it doesn't go back on and there's nowhere to chase up another.

A few different brands' numbers would be very helpful, please.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will see if I can get a local cross-reference on that Fram number.

I'm not optimistic, however...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huh!

Now I'm more optimistic. I found a cross-reference from the Fram number to a Ryco Z9, just about the most popular oil filter on cars in Australia from the sixties to the eighties. You can just about get them at a supermarket.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I doubt that you could find any of those in Australia... except maybe the Fram if you looked very hard...

And in the part where I am now, definitely none of them. It basically has to be Ryco in these parts.

·
Registered
268 Posts
You can use damn near any filter with a 3/4-16 thread. Fram PH16 is the "correct" filter, I don't remember the Mopar number off the top of my head, but their filters aren't any better. The PH8A/Motorcraft FL-1A are better in my opinion since they hold more oil. I've also used the Fram PH-3387 as well, they all work. I use the Fram TG series filters, the gold ones, on my vehicles, since they're the premium high quality version.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts