DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Cummins Man
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have been pulled over twice now in the last few weeks for not having mud flaps. Apparently it's a WA state law and of course my truck gets attention for not having them. I've resisted because I don't like the look but I don't want the ticket for not having them so it's time. Anyone have suggestions on a nice set? Something that may enhance the truck (I doubt it).

Thanks!
Chris

· 2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,645 Posts
thats a weak law! i have seen diamond plate formed mud flaps that look good, im looking at some black diamond plate ones to match the tinted tails and mineral grey color of mine

· Registered
1,038 Posts
that is the stupidest law i ever heard, i would just go with stock i guess if i had to. haha or the ones with the naked chicks on them lol

· Call me Mr.Mega
59 Posts
Well, up here in oilfield country and the frozen tundra(that was a joke) pretty much every single truck runs mud flaps. A truck without them actually seems like a rare occurence. I see that most of you probably don't drive many gravel roads and deal with crappy winters, I wouldn't dare go without them. I love keeping the side of my truck clean and safe from flying debris. My truck is getting new mud flaps and rear wheel well liners tommorrow.

· If only I had more $$$
3,673 Posts
Here you can actually be responsible for repair if you put a rock through someones windshield for not having flaps. Purpose of mud flaps is to not only keep mud and debris off your own vehicle, but off others as well..

· 2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,645 Posts
i have seen city and county trucks with big stickers that say "not responsible for debris coming from this vehicle"...means if a rock or whatever comes from this bigass truck and shatters your windshield, ur SOL

· If only I had more $$$
3,673 Posts
rb513 said:
i have seen city and county trucks with big stickers that say "not responsible for debris coming from this vehicle"...means if a rock or whatever comes from this bigass truck and shatters your windshield, ur SOL
They also have a sticker that says, stay back X amount of feet,.. but they most likely still have mudflaps

· Registered
299 Posts
BACK OFF ones or nothing for me.

· Registered
221 Posts
Its a law in CA as well. The mud flap should cover the entire width of the tire for reasons mentioned above. Just because some company puts a sign on thier vehicles that say they are not responsible is just a ploy to discourge someone with a legit claim. FWIW

· If only I had more $$$
3,673 Posts
I forgot to mention what mudflaps I have,.. I have the Mopar factory cheapies I do not recommend them,.. they are flimsy at the mounting holes,.. I had to reinforce mine with some makeshift rubber washers from an older mudflap

· Acoustics
1,576 Posts
interesting...i myself have debated this and dont like the look but also thought of this as maybe it will keep more stuff off my truck rather than cleaning it once a week(atleast)

· Registered
15 Posts
1 F'd up law...

Wassupp Bro!!! Scott here from E.WA I've had dat pblm bfor. Get the Hd Weighted Semi Mud flaps in Any width thats wider than your tires. (front) wse xtra wide flps that attach to u r reciever hitch for RV towing They rmv for off road use. ScottyO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.