DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there's a million "which muffler" threads on here, but I'm still new, so go easy on me! :)

I want to know which Magnaflow muffler would bolt right up to my 06 4.7 Quad Cab with the stock tailpipe. I just want a deep tone...nothing loud and without any drone at highway speed.

The Magnaflow website is not very helpful (plus I'm really not sure about the size of the OEM exhaust pipes), so can someone please give me a part number for the muffler that I'm looking for?

·
Registered
929 Posts

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
5x11x22. I bet you will like it. The can add a piece of pipe to make it fit to the stock location.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies!

Is the stock exhaust on the 4.7 2.5" or 3"?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Don't know the exhaust size on a 4.7. Mine is a 5.7. Been saving up to do my exhaust and found a dynomax 289-17789. It's huge, so it can't be to loud. But it's a super turbo so it should flow good. Don't know about the drown part. With some mandrel bends a Y pipe and a super turbo, it should flow better and make a little noise. Steve24 what part of TN are you in? I live near Oak Ridge.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey oldodgeQC, I'm in southern middle TN near the AL state line.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Cool! There are a lot Dodges around here but but not many on DT. I'm at work right now so I need to get back at it. Glad to to have you on bored.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.