DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up fellas. Just got a quick question i guess i'd need an opinion on. I'm wanting to lift my 2003 QC Ram 1500 2wd and i wanted to see which kit you would use to do it. I'm lookin at the one rough country offers for 299.00 that comes with 3" coil springs, new shocks, and a 1/2" rear block.

http://www.roughcountry.com/dodge_2wd_02-05_3.html

Or should i just get a PA 3" body lift?

Buying the lift isn't a problem, i've found the PA for as low as 358 for my 2wd, non hemi truck. the problem is how much the shops are charging to put them on, ive heard as low as 450 for the body lift up to 750 and 450 for the rough country kit.

So what would you do? I'd love to install them myself but unfortuantely i have no knowledge in the suspension area. Thanks for looking

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hey man, to be honest, I haven't seen Rough Country's spring suspension lift yet so I don't exactly know what to expect. However, I will say IMO that going with a suspension lift (though a little pricier) is actually better, primarily because it does help to improve the ride and allows for more ground clearance, something a body lift does not. Shops will charge all sorts of prices depending on where you go. Where in LA are you located? I may be able to make something work out!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im in shreveport louisiana =(

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
i like procomp and fabtech but the new roughcountry 6inch crossmember is nice slammed one can get it for you for right around 1000 with shocks. i am in la to

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.