DodgeTalk Forum banner

What Lift

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about getting a performance lift i have three choices that i have been looking at 6 inch fab teck, 6 inch pro comp or a KORE chase suspension. which one do you guys suggest. Thanks in advance Jason.

·
Registered
72 Posts
ok all that 6" will results in a 4" lift on a PW because it,s made for a 4x4 2500 but adaptable for power wagon. for sure 100%

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont do too much rock crawling if any lol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
doesnt matter...but BDS is the best at reasonnable price and the ride is like stock
the quality of tubing and bushing and also their 2.5 shock;
it's a 4" for a PW and 6" for 2500 but in my case i add a 2" spacer on the BDS long coil and my truck is very hot .
in comparison...if i'm on the side of a stock PW ,my passenger mirror clear his driver's one ... so i have 8" of lift with suspension and tires

·
Registered
127 Posts
The Chase 2.5 front end will make the Powerwagon ride exceptional over a variety of different conditions. This is what we sent the guys at Mopar for their Cummins Powerwagon, and they loved it. Off road performance was dramatically increased, and the handling is vastly improved. We have an excellent replacement spring and the 2.5 stemtop Fox remote reservoir shock is the perfect step up from the factory installed Bilsteins. The rear of your truck has an excellent leafspring, and only needs a better shock to wake it up.

KP

·
我愛貓
7,864 Posts
The Chase 2.5 front end will make the Powerwagon ride exceptional over a variety of different conditions. This is what we sent the guys at Mopar for their Cummins Powerwagon, and they loved it. Off road performance was dramatically increased, and the handling is vastly improved. We have an excellent replacement spring and the 2.5 stemtop Fox remote reservoir shock is the perfect step up from the factory installed Bilsteins. The rear of your truck has an excellent leafspring, and only needs a better shock to wake it up.

KP
Obviously the cummins is a bit heavier than the Hemi, you have two different sets of springs you cant use the same for both can you?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hey Keg , I use my 08 PW for work and fishing and I'd like to know what is the max. weight I can carry in the bed to be safe on forest roads with the Chase kit ?
600 miles trip / 5 x every summer
How about the handling with 1500lbs in the bed ?
Thanks for info
SDPW

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes they are different coils for Hemis vs. Cummins. The Hemi coils are much lighter.

The Chase system comes with mini-packs, which would not work on the Powerwagon. The Prerunner leaf packs are what we call a light duty 3/4 ton spring. They are more capable of carrying a load than a 1/2 ton truck, but they can not be treated like a 1 ton like everyone does to there 3/4 Cummins powered Dodges. 1500lbs is a lot of weight to test the handling of those springs. They will carry it, but they might be a little lower than the stock ones. 700 to 1000lbs. is a weight where it might still handle pretty good off-road. That goes for a stock Powerwagon as well.

Hope that helps a little.

KP

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea that helps alot i will be looking into getting a modified chase for my truck :D

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Out of the 3 you said, I would go KORE all the way. IMO it's apples to oranges. The other 2 don't compare and are not even in the same ballpark.

·
RedMan
2,487 Posts
Out of the 3 you said, I would go KORE all the way. IMO it's apples to oranges. The other 2 don't compare and are not even in the same ballpark.
My thoughts exactly, if things go right for me, this time next year I will have a KORE on my PW, and my 1500.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
DPW- you lucky sob. LOL

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
My truck will get the Carli 2.65 Bilstein shocks all around and their progressive coils up front that lift the truck about 1". I like the stock rear leaf springs on the PW and do not plan to replace them since they flex well and carry a sizable load too. If you want to run 37" you can with their leaf pack since it moves the wheels one inch to clear the fender. If I have issues with bottoming out I will get the hydraulic bump stops front and rear or possibly just slow down a little. :crazy:

I don't plan on lifting the truck because the largest tire I would want is a 35". I tow, haul and run faster than I should through washes and in the desert so a big lift and big tires would be counter productive for me. Some protection for the front diff, the locker bypass then find a way to keep the sway bar disconnected at speed and I will be done. That is why I selected this truck it works well with little or no changes :rck:

http://www.thecarlisuspension.com/media/index.html

KP

·
我愛貓
7,864 Posts
yup, pretty much the direction I'm gonna go so make sure to keep us up to speed.

a simple solution to the sway bar would probably just getting a set of quick disconnects like anybody else would get. i think thuren has a pretty beefy set, i belive carli does as well. I know, that's not the way I would prefer to do it either :D but an electronic sollution would be a little more complex

·
Registered
441 Posts
My truck will get the Carli 2.65 Bilstein shocks all around and their progressive coils up front that lift the truck about 1". I like the stock rear leaf springs on the PW and do not plan to replace them since they flex well and carry a sizable load too. If you want to run 37" you can with their leaf pack since it moves the wheels one inch to clear the fender. If I have issues with bottoming out I will get the hydraulic bump stops front and rear or possibly just slow down a little. :crazy:

I don't plan on lifting the truck because the largest tire I would want is a 35". I tow, haul and run faster than I should through washes and in the desert so a big lift and big tires would be counter productive for me. Some protection for the front diff, the locker bypass then find a way to keep the sway bar disconnected at speed and I will be done. That is why I selected this truck it works well with little or no changes :rck:

http://www.thecarlisuspension.com/media/index.html

KP
Damn... yes, please keep us posted on your progress. These trucks are near perfection right outta the shoot. Adding these types of suspension systems to 'em makes them absurdly perfect. :rck: Now are you just parting out the 2.65's and the coils only, or are you doing the whole 2.65 system?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
At this point I don't feel I need the kit. I have to wait a little while as my truck is only 1 week old and I want to be sure I don't have a lemon and nothing is defective before I start modding the truck. I also need to budget for this stuff!

As you probably already know like most folks I drooled over a PW for years and cruised this forum learning what I could since 06. I pulled the trigger on the 09 when I realized the 2010 may not do well as a PW. I officially joined the forum as soon as I knew I was buying the 09. Until then I was only wishing and praying for a PW. With the 0% for 60 months, lifetime Max care factory bumper to bumper warranty, $1500 in owner loyalty, $3500 dealer truck incentives and I knew the truck was going to be mine. I did the deal on the phone and went down and signed the documents and drove it home smiling all the way even though I still felt I paid too much. :bawl:

I plan to start with the shocks all the way around with the front shock towers and limit straps. My plan was to make the ride the best I could while still having a usable truck. The springs for the front would be next and I hope and pray I can stop there! :worthy:

I don't want to beat the truck just make it as user friendly as possible. I'm getting older and don't want to throw in the towel just yet, so I would like to make things a little smoother is all. I know from my past and so does my wife of 29 years, I can't seem to stop when it comes to the go fast department. So all said and done it may be very close to the kit but I sure hope not :help:

KP

·
我愛貓
7,864 Posts
The power wagon springs are pretty good, Unless you want more lift I'm not sure there would be much advantage to changing the coils. The shock valving may be tuned better for their coils but their gonna be setting up custom valving anyway. I would consider changing the leaves though since we have blocks in the rear and the carli springs have a relocated center pin for bigger tires.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts