DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the two inch add a leaf and torsion bar key leveling kit and was wondering which is best, one has the rear block and one kit has the rear add a leaf spring, one is 160.00 and the other with the block is 170.00.
I was also wanting to go with the 33" tires, and its a 1500 quad cab 4x4.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I'm not a big fan of blocks, but you need to know that add-a-leaf's will sometimes stiffen the ride. It's a very firm spring that is extra arched, so your leaf springs will arch up and be taller.
I would go with a cut down leaf spring pack. Same idea as a block, but is made with cut down springs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How hard are the add on leaf spring to put on? Im pretty new at this, the blocks go on top of the axel with longer u-bots, that made sense but the leaf springs are clipped together arent they?

·
~3 tOns oF fUn~
836 Posts
WTF...you're lifting it 2" and only putting 33s on??? why not just leave it at stock height and put 31" tires on it, that will look just as dumb and cost less.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a matter of cash flow, I would love to lift it with new suspension parts but dont have the six grand or so it would take to get it and get it on. My buddy has a 3500 and put on 285/70/17's with stock height and it looks like the trucks sitting on the tires, right now mine has 265/70/17 and they are about 30 to 31" tall, I wouldnt mind getting the 35's if they dont do the same to mine the 285's did on his, the main reason for the 2" lift is if I crank the torsion bars its rides like shit, with the new keys, I should have the same ride as I do now and be able to fit a little bigger tire on for reasonable money and lose the stock look. Yeah it may be dumb but I think it should look alright.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
hemion20s said:
WTF...you're lifting it 2" and only putting 33s on??? why not just leave it at stock height and put 31" tires on it, that will look just as dumb and cost less.
Thats like saying "WTF...you're buying a Dodge and only getting Hemi?? why not just get a 4.7 it will be just as slow and cost less." Why don't you just tell him your opinions on blocks vs. add a leaf.

·
~3 tOns oF fUn~
836 Posts
BrandonSC said:
Thats like saying "WTF...you're buying a Dodge and only getting Hemi?? why not just get a 4.7 it will be just as slow and cost less." Why don't you just tell him your opinions on blocks vs. add a leaf.
So you're saying there's no difference between the 4.7 and 5.7 other than cost?

IMO 33s look too small on a stock height truck, if you're gonna spend the $$$ and do the work to lift your truck a couple inches then you might as well get the 35s...there's really no point to lift it at all if you're going to put 33s on. I don't have much of an opinion on leafs Vs. blocks since I've never had blocks, just leafs, but from what I've read leafs seem to be the better choice. Don't even get me started on leveling keys Vs. cranking the torsion bars...

·
Registered Confuser
6,365 Posts
i would personally do blocks on the truck for 2 inches bc you will keep your stock ride, and as they said the springs can stiffen up

·
Registered
521 Posts
But dont our trucks have bad enough axle-wrap as it is. Putting blocks would make it worse, right?

·
~3 tOns oF fUn~
836 Posts
Adding a leaf to my rear springs got rid of most of the axle wrap I had before...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.