DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Well Alright
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard good things about all of these but haven't had any personal experience with any of them, so which one should I get for the best performance?

K&N
AEM
S&B

Thanks
-Rob

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't have experience with any of these on the rams but from reading around the site a lot of people rave about air rams intake system and he's a site sponsor.

·
xcguy
176 Posts
i have the K&N FIPK. Setup was super easy. Love the deep sound of it! :rck: i had to get used to the sucking sound though. Noticed a difference in MPG on the freeway too.

·
15,912 Posts
This thread will open up a huge can of worms. Everyone that has an intake will tell you that it is the best. I say stick with a site sponsor so that would be Air Ram. I have one and I think it is great. Others have had more than one and also think Air Ram's is the best. Do a search on CAI or air intake and you will get more than enough reading that will help you in making your decision. Good luck with your search!!

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
There are threads on here where you can find a aem knockoff for 75 bucks

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I would suggest searching for the "EBay Intake". It is a knock-off the AEM bruteforce intake at 1/3 the price. For basically the same thing.

I have one and its a great deal. Sounds amazing, more power, better mpg. The same gains as CAIs costing alot more $$. Everyone I've talked too that has bought one has been very happy with the intake.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-0...tegoryZ38634QQihZ007QQitemZ170040548844QQrdZ1

That is the same seller I got my intake from. No problems at all.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
yea i have one they are the exact same as the aEm and fram intake but a fraction of the cost, i like it alot this is the one to get if you do not want to wait for airrams

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've got the AirRaid FIPK setup. Simple to install, seems to make more midrange torque (what I was after for trailer-hauling), gets a little better MPG according to the gizmo on the roof, but brace yourself for a DRAMATIC increase in intake roar (exhaust noise, what exhaust noise?). Is it the best? I dunno, it's the only one I've ever put on a Hemi... I'd buy another one if my truck "disappeared" overnight... It looks the same as the Brute Force shown above, just without the chrome...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the opinions

Thanks for the opinions, guys. I have been looking off and on and debating which one to get. I am going to pull the trigger on the one Jimmy TJ linked to. Much appreciated. I love this website!

I'll have the truck exactly how I want it just in time to trade it in on a Challenger. LOL

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
good choice my friend and glad you like the site and welcome, if you need help installing it just ask anyone on here they will make it easy

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Cant go wrong with that intake. I had the same one but from another ebay seller.

·
Dodge Ram Daytona
275 Posts
I actually have the Volant Setup on mine with the Volant RAM Air kit that works with the SRT-10 hood....got the whole thing from Southern Hot Rod (site sponsorer).....it made a big difference for me and it sounds awesome!

Check my gallery for pics on my 05' Daytona.... :gr_patrio

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I've seen some good dyno numbers granted it was on a diesel bu tthe theory and past experience tell me it's the same. From idle up till about 1900 rpm you actually lose power with one of the open element CAI After that you may make gains. On the Sheets I saw they did not add power but the rig was stock and maybe that would change with other mods. THink aobu twhen you use your truck mostly, it's form idle to about 2,000. If you are ok with a loss of power there for a gain in the high rpm then at least you know. I had a Brute force on my 03 Henmi and took it off becasue I felt a loss in the low end, I thought maybe I was crazy but when I saw the dyno tests about a month ago It confirmed what I thought.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
the only prob with that setup is that just the scoop is like 200 some dollars and i could get a full intake made by a member h777 that takes the air directly to the throttle body from the srt-10 hood for 180

·
Well Alright
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Allright thanks alot for your input guys. I think I have an idea of what to get now :D
Hooray for DodgeTalk!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.