DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i've heard to stay away from oiled filters for my truck. But still thought about getting the proguard 7 kit although i know its oiled. sometimes i am in very dusty conditions going down dirt roads and limestone parking lots. What kind would you all recommend or should i just keep my oem. thanks

· Registered
36,020 Posts
I put the AFE Stage II with Proguard 7 on my truck when it was less than a month old. I have always used the AFE oiled systems in my trucks (last 4 trucks). Just make sure to not add too much oil when recharging. I usually recharge mine every other oil change.

Attachments

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the pics i'm going to do that same setup i just hinted to my fiance what else i want for christmas

· Registered
296 Posts
Ram3500Dually How you like your intake? Can you hear the turbo better now aswell?

thanks

· Registered
36,020 Posts
Can you ever. I never removed the silencer ring on my 05 and couldn't hear the turbo whistle but on my 08 you can really hear it sing even with the ring still in. I like the AFE because it came with the downtube and everything.

· Registered
296 Posts
right on, appreciate it. Im wanting an intake for my 6.7 aswell, think you already convinced me, haha.

· Registered
36,020 Posts
I have had AFE's on my last three trucks and have nothing but good to say about them

· Registered
84 Posts
It is right at the turbo inlet side...........it is riveted in on these new trucks though.......the old 5.9 trucks just had a snap ring holding it in........it was easy to remove

· Registered
36,020 Posts
In the 6.7's the silencer is more than that. Guys that have taken it out have noticed loss of power.

· Registered
84 Posts
Tree-Fiddy said:
So basically where the intake tube ends and meets with the manifold?
No........where the intake tube ends and meets the turbo........on the right side of the truck, not the top left.

· Registered
13 Posts
How much are the kits and does it improve fuel mileage.

· 16oz. to freedom!
1,108 Posts
I did not like the quality of the AFE kit, I ordered a S&B and it was much better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.