DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Rev it up!
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to put on some exterior chrome door/tailgate handles/covers. Which would you recommend as well as which ones to stay away from? I have heard quite a bit about Putco. Any others?

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
I've seen a few trucks in person with the stick on covers and I'm not a huge fan of them. I don't like how they feel when you open the door. They look decent I guess and it beats paying big $$ for the actual chrome handles.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Putco is the name I have heard most around these parts.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
PUTCO have been on my wife's 2002 for over 4 years and no problems

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I have the putco's too. Make sure to wipe the stock handles good with alcohol first to remove any stuff on there, then heat the handle and tape a little and press and hold it on good for around 30 seconds.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I recommend the Putco Liquid Solid Billet Handles, the fit of the covers is not very good at all and the solid handles eliminates that point of entry by thieves.

·
Registered
513 Posts
here's some picks of mine... i love them they look 100% normal and "feel" great. they are stick ons i have had no trouble.

the guy said dont put it through the carwash the first couple of days... not that i ever would (who DOESNT wash their own ram??) so i detail them myself and they shine longer than my wheels!

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Heres mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
No problems at all with my stick-on Putco's.......your level of success depends on how well you prep the surfaces.

Greg

·
Registered
347 Posts
I put the Putco liquid handles on my truck, but I didn't like the quality of the handles for the price. When I opened the door, the handles were just too loose feeling and just didn't "seat" well in the housing, so I put my factory handles back on and ordered the Putco chrome covers. I like them much better.

·
Rev it up!
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone. It seems that it's going to be Putcos.

·
Registered
848 Posts
If I were you I would not put any "fake" or stick on covers on my truck. go with the real deal or just paint them"color match"

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Like the chrome but the real ones were expensive...cheaper to color match them...

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
DUDE!!! thats a big ASS picture :D

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
lol....i messed up......sorry

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Well My wife has the PUTCO stick ons and they look great and she is often asked where to get them

I had mine painted ( I did all the sanding etc )

Both lookk sharp

Just depends whether your a chrome type or a painted type of person

·
Registered
129 Posts
Are the stick-ons the ones being painted?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.