DodgeTalk Forum banner

Which Body style?

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Spaz
6,375 Posts
I'm one of the two people that voted for the 1st gen. Ok, so maybe I'm partial to 'em 'cause I own one. But since owning it, I realize I really like the older Rams. I think their simple design can be beautiful. I have always preferred older vehicles versus new. Don't get me wrong, there are loads of new cars/trucks I wish I could own. But my faves are old school muscle cars. And I would really love to own a Ramcharger. Out in Cali, I saw alot of them, in perfect condition. That's where I picked my baby up.

·
Registered
508 Posts
is this a joke...3g hands down :D

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
don't get me wrong, i like the 3rd gens but the 2nd gen is the first gen of rams to look like semis. plus dodge made them for 9 yrs (8 yrs for 1500). i think they will always be a great looking truck just because they are original

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
71charger500 said:
Well I voted second gen but how about some old school, like Power Wagon style now thats a truck!
WORD.

Attachments

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
I have to say, I have had (2) two Gen 2 Rams 95 & 2001 and now a 3rd generation ram, I voted the 3rd generation cause I love it but it took some time to grow on me like some other's have said cause I had bought my 2001 two months before the 3rd generation ram came out and was kinda mad at myself cause I didnt wait so had to convince myself I made the right decision. I would probably still be driving the 2001 Quad 2 wheel drive if I hadnt taken it in for Transmission work on 3 diffrent occasions for a winy noise and had 35,000 miles which meant out of warranty next time I took it in.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
I went with 1st Gen. Only because I like vintage trucks. Actually my favorite Dodge pickups are the Sweptline models built from 61-71.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
JusCuzRam said:
1st Gens are cool, 3rd Gens are really nice, but you can't beat the looks of a 2nd Gen Ram!
well said 2nd gen ram are the best looking truck

·
Autoglass
4,117 Posts
Dodgevanman said:
I went with 1st Gen. Only because I like vintage trucks. Actually my favorite Dodge pickups are the Sweptline models built from 61-71.
My thinking also! Would love to get the truck my Dad had, 1967 D-100 Adventurer with the shifter in the dash! Used to ride in the middle and knock it into Neutral with my knees all the time! Great Memories of that time! ;)
My other trucks I've owned,
1990 D-150 SWB 4x2 "White Knight"
1999 1500 SWB 4x4 "Black Beauty"
2002 1500 LWB 4x2 "Gray Mare"

·
Autoglass
4,117 Posts
GrayMare said:
My thinking also! Would love to get the truck my Dad had, 1967 D-100 Adventurer with the shifter in the dash! Used to ride in the middle and knock it into Neutral with my knees all the time! Great Memories of that time! ;)
My other trucks I've owned,
1990 D-150 SWB 4x2 "White Knight"
1999 1500 SWB 4x4 "Black Beauty"
2002 1500 LWB 4x2 "Gray Mare"
As I said,,,

Attachments

·
Ridin` Dirty
364 Posts
well, my uncle was the first to get a dodge. he got a 94 ram 1500. my dad liked it and he got a 98 ram 1500. later my mom got an 03 dakota. well, since we are a dodge fam. i have an 05 ram. i really love the 3G rams, so roomy.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
I would probably be still be driving my 97 Ram, but when DC announced they were putting the Hemi into a 1500, end of story!:D

·
Shark Hunter
6,398 Posts
2nd Gen.
Better built.
Stronger built.
Better aerodynamics.
Stronger axles.
Better looking.

Just shows how much power the stylists have when Dodge will market a vehicle with a worse drag factor than previous model. 2nd Gen over 3rd.

·
All Black and All BADA&%!
1,087 Posts
I voted third gen but lets not forget that it took the 1st and 2nd gens to get the engineers to the 3rd. :rck: They all rock in one way or another.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have always liked the looks of the first gen, but they are a little...generic. The interior's my favorite of all of them though.

The 2nd gen is simply a legend. It defines tough truck styling even, in large part, today. I instantly liked them and still do.

3rd gen...they're OK, but have never grabbed me. Has a sort of UFO-ish feel inside and out. Best thing it has going for it is that Hemi powertrain, although it seems to me that it'd be better suited to cars.

So I say 2nd, by the narrowest of margins over the 1st.

Now if I had my choice, as others have said above, I'd be going much older than any of these.

·
452 Posts
3G all the way!, took a little while for the '06 to grow on me though

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
i like 3g, like the 06's more and more these days.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
I voted 3rd Gen, but it was a tough call as I have a 72 Power Wagon and an 04 2500

Attachments

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.