DodgeTalk Forum banner

Which Body style?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Founder, Jus Cuz Designs
816 Posts
1st Gens are cool, 3rd Gens are really nice, but you can't beat the looks of a 2nd Gen Ram!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
This is a really tough choice for me... I have some very fond memories of my two 2G Rams, a '96 and a '99, but I have to go with the 3G because it is just such a better-built truck overall, its gorgeous, and I love it! :rck:

·
SRT-10, Regular Cab
2,149 Posts
Yeah, I would have to agree with David, That said if they could take a genII and build it as well as a GenIII. Well then you would have something! ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Even though I like my Ram, I love the new style

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I voted second gen but how about some old school, like Power Wagon style now thats a truck!

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
the 2nd gen's instantly impressed me. the 3rd too a while to actually grow on me.. the grill is way to huge and it is just a mamoth. I chose my 2000 over a 2002 because of that. I would buy one now if i could for the hemi. Nothing wrong with my truck to validate trading it in.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I love yhe new look of the 3rd gen rams but I still have to go with the 2nd gen cause thats what I am driving! Rather than having the constant monthly payments of a new truck, a I am gonna pay this one off (about 6 more months) and then realy start modding it!!!

·
SRT-10, Regular Cab
2,149 Posts
bigredtank said:
the 2nd gen's instantly impressed me. the 3rd too a while to actually grow on me.. the grill is way to huge and it is just a mamoth. I chose my 2000 over a 2002 because of that. I would buy one now if i could for the hemi. Nothing wrong with my truck to validate trading it in.
Big red you talking about this, *LOL* :D

Attachments

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
That is exactly what i am talking about. Look at that thing. it looks like a whale shark

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,633 Posts
I like the "suicide" doors on the quadcab and the fact that I can reach back and grab things off of the back seat from the driver's seat in my Gen II. You can load/unload stuff in both the front seat area and rear seat area on the Gen II as well standing in just one spot (great in rainy conditions).

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I'm a 3G man. It took a long time for the 2G to grow on me and it was never my first choice. I hate suicide doors and anyone needing to get something out of the back seat in a parking lot where parking was tight knows why. You kind of get stuck between both doors. The other thing is ever have some idiot slam the front door while the rear is still open? Or have somone shut the front then the back? A bad design.

·
Premium Member
27,633 Posts
Josh Brown - the trick is to not be an idiot or let idiots ride with you.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Pretty girls sometimes don't have all the brains, they are the ones that don't know how to close the doors. Not let them ride? Nah

·
Registered
75 Posts
well consider the fact that i just bought an 03, id have to vote for the 02+ :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Dodge trucks Ive owned
62 sb 318
72 sb 360
73 sb 318
78 sb 225
04 sb 345
I liked them all, but I like my 04 best.

·
Registered
257 Posts
3rd Generation

3rd's are the best imo..

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
I had a 1998 Ram 1500 and now I have a 2004 Ram 1500 HEMI.....the 2004 is the best by far.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.