DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ram truck w/318 motor. I just added 1/2 qt. of oil after 500 miles. The oil & filter was changed 500 miles ago. I'm using Quaker state 4x4 oil in it(synthetic blend >10w-30) w/ a wix filter. I don't know where the oil is going. I don't see any leaks. Does anybody else have a truck that uses oil like this? I never was a big Quaker state fan but the previous owner said he used it. Any ideas ? :IDEA:

·
Registered
29 Posts
check plenuim gasket.look into throttlebody if there is oil laying down in the intake replace intake gasket kit

·
Registered
764 Posts
I agree, Check the intake

·
Registered
75 Posts
yeah, the other weak point of our trucks other than the tranny is that damn plenum gasket, the oil is going somewhere, if it isn't leaking it is burning. any smoke??

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do yourself a huge favor and buy a plenum repair kit from Hughes Engines (scroll down on the link) or something similiar. You will not regret doing it. :tup:

I dealt with ridiculous oil consumption for years before wandering in to this forum and hearing about the plenum gasket issue. I never saw any signs of burnt oil from the tailpipe, and a look into the intake did not reveal much. The bottom of the intake was slightly caramel colored, but was not alarmingly oily. After installing the plenum gasket repair kit, I do not have to add any oil between changes. Easily the best "mod" I have done to my truck. Hell, its the best money I have spent on it period.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.