DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious where Carli's Stock Full race truck was at the Baja 1000? To say the least I was dissapointed after all the talk over the past few months!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Chiko said:
Just curious where Carli's Stock Full race truck was at the Baja 1000? To say the least I was dissapointed after all the talk over the past few months!
:thatfunny Good to see you back,haven't seen you since last year ;)

Bob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob - It's good to be back. Fall and winter are my slow seasons where I actually have time to waste on chat forums! My slow season always start with going to watch the 1000, just didn't see Carli's new stock full ride, just a lime green truck running in Class 8 with 12" of wheel travel!?!?
Please bring me up to date.

·
Registered
391 Posts
From what I have seen the Carli shop has been too busy to work on their own toys.The Green truck was unfinished when it arrived in Cali to the Carli shop.It was amazing how much work got done in the days prior to the race to get it done in time.The truck was driven by all rookies and had no issues till it got stuck in the silt near Loreto and then rolled by another Rookie driver.Could have been a podium finish if the driver errors could have been avoided..........I guess that's racing.

Bob

·
Registered
127 Posts
Oh we too understand the being too busy Bob4x4. We had guys that turned down co-driving and driving duties last minute due to sleep deprivation, and cumulative fatigue. I don't think Kevin Ostlund of HRT slept for a week before the 4 hours he got the night before race day. That's what it takes to race unless you are a super high dollar race team, and there are not many of those out there.

We will be there all season long for 08 eagerly awaiting your arrival though. If you are not ready to race you can come out and watch. The KORE Hemi powered Ram will be racing Laughlin, Parker425, Baja250, Baja500, Vegas to Reno, Primm, and the Baja1000 in 08. We expect HRT of Canada to be joining us for the Baja500 and Vegas to Reno, and the Baja1000 as well. We look forward to seeing you guys one way or another.

KP

·
Registered
68 Posts
bob4x4 said:
From what I have seen the Carli shop has been too busy to work on their own toys.The Green truck was unfinished when it arrived in Cali to the Carli shop.It was amazing how much work got done in the days prior to the race to get it done in time.The truck was driven by all rookies and had no issues till it got stuck in the silt near Loreto and then rolled by another Rookie driver.Could have been a podium finish if the driver errors could have been avoided..........I guess that's racing.

Bob
Sorry you guys couldn't make it...I would have thought that racing the Carli truck in Stock Full would have made more sense than supporting a solid front axle 10" front wheel travel Class 8? The only thing that would have put that truck on the podium would be the attrition rate...cause we all know that it wasn't a competitive class 8 truck. Everyone can say that barring no mishaps they could have been on the podium, but yes, that is racing! That's what Baja is...the unknown! Our drivers were all rookies too.
Hope to see you guys somewhere in '08

·
Registered
299 Posts
I hope to see Carli and Kore both @ Laughlin in Jan. I have my inlaws out there and I be watching the event.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.