DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had sirius satellite in my old truck and since i have got my new ram i cant really figure out where to mount the reciever. I have the XACT plug and play reciever and it seems like it would look weird mounted on top of the dash. If anyone has XM or sirius let me know where you have the recievers mounted.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Here's where I mounted mine. No drilling, no screws. I've cleaned up the wiring since this photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks looks like about the only place decent to mount the reciever

·
Registered
840 Posts
Here's where I mounted mine. If you can reach the A/C button you can reach the radio.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
FireHemi, Check out www.siriusbackstage.com for some other install photos of 3G Rams, that should help..

Hemi Dog said:
Here's where I mounted mine. If you can reach the A/C button you can reach the radio.
:::Off Topic:::

Hemi Dog, where did you get those ac control covers?? I really like those as opposed to the whole knob being billet...

BTW - The Quote in your sig, Duck Commander?? I have a good friend that's a regional sales director for the east coast for DC(I've got all his shirts, calls, ect... :rck: )

:pimp:
Billy

·
Registered
168 Posts
Spend a couple bucks on a Sirius ready head unit. The Sirius tuner part mounts behind the head unit or glove box. Looks cleaner. No wire harness or clutter taking away from that perfectly designed Ram dash.

I went with XM and an Alpine phantom face XM ready head unit. Super clean install. I'll get some pics posted one of these days.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
I have mine mounted exactly the same as Hemi Dog, just mine is XM radio. Awesome mounting location.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
I have my sat. radio mounted inside my dash, displaying through my alpine head unit

wouldn't have it any other way honestly

·
Registered
840 Posts
BVest65,

Got the a/c knobs here...

http://www.mgwltd.com/viper2.html

They're supposed to be for the Viper but they fit the Ram knobs perfectly.

Nothing to do with Duck Commander Just something I live by. Sort of my authorization from God to Hunt and Fish.

TTURedRaider09, Look closer, that is an XM radio.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Chauncy said:
I have my sat. radio mounted inside my dash, displaying through my alpine head unit

wouldn't have it any other way honestly
But then how do you listen to your sat radio in your other vehicles, the garage and in the house? That's a lot of extra subscriptions.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the panisonic radio that was Sirius ready and the reciver for the sirius is mounted to the back wall behind the rear seat and so all you have to look at is the raido. Best way I have found yet...
I have also seen that Alpine has a radio that is set up to take both XM and Sirius I am still thinking about that one????????????????????????

Peter

·
Sporting Clays Addict
132 Posts
I would have gotten a HU that was XM ready except that I *LOVE* the 30 minute replay feature of XM. I have mine wired always-on so when I get in the truck if nothing to my liking is on, I can replay the last 30 minutes.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I understand the logistical value to the portable unit. It's just my personal taste / opinion, that the clutter takes away from the lines of the dash. My girlfriend and I are on the same XM account. She's got it in her Tahoe and I in my Ram. Both vehicles have XM ready Alpine head units. I love a nice clean install.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
DonRam said:
But then how do you listen to your sat radio in your other vehicles, the garage and in the house? That's a lot of extra subscriptions.
Mine. Same subscription too!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
Mine. Same subscription too!
Mine's the same way. 1 account/1 radio, but 3 cradles I was referring to the fact that you don't have that flexibility with the OEM installed unit.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
DonRam said:
Mine's the same way. 1 account/1 radio, but 3 cradles I was referring to the fact that you don't have that flexibility with the OEM installed unit.
Ahh!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sounds like I could be drinking a frosty beverage on the boat this summer listening to XM if I had one of those units! Time to reevaluate.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Here is where I mounted mine. In the dash, with the factory RB1 Navigation radio (by Alpine) with Mopar Sirius tuner.

I also have an XM Skyfi2 unit installed for Baseball.

Also if you prefer Sirius a portable like the Myfi is coming, should be out by fathers day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.