DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have locked my keys in my truck a couple times so im gonna hide a key somewhere on the outside of my truck but i cant figure out where to put it. Anybody got a suggestion? I have one in my wallet but sometimes i leave it in my truck during practice so i need one outside my truck too.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
I keep my spare in my wallet. But if you're gonna keep one on the outside, I would maybe use a home-style unit that has a combination lock and you could bolt to the truck. The magnetic kind is just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I've seen a gas cap advertised before that has a compartment with a combination lock on it for keeping keys. Bad thing is, I can't remember where I've seen it....

·
Registered
921 Posts
Or just dont forget your keys.

Give a set to a friend at practice.

Get keyless entry.

Break window.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I have always kept a key inside the gas cap door. I pump my own fuel so I don't worry about somebody seeing it at the gas station

·
Registered
378 Posts
I like the hidakey inside my front bumper. There are slits in the frame part of it that the hideakey will slid into.

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Ram3500Dually said:
I have always kept a key inside the gas cap door. I pump my own fuel so I don't worry about somebody seeing it at the gas station
Where do you live!!! :IDEA:

haha, nah - personally, I would clean off a spot under my cab, where it isnt so visible and duct tape my spare key up there.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Or you can remove the plastic sleeve off the key, drill a hole on it and screw it behind your plates... with a coin you can unscrew it when you need to

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I usually keep a spare in my wallet.

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
this is the best idea: get a magnetic hide a key holder, then slap it up under the bed rail in the back. nobody will see it, and if the holder bounces off, it falls in the bed of the pickup and not on the ground somewhere! i've lots several key holders from hitting bumps, ect. when attached under the truck.

mike

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
hemimac'05, it's fallen off on me before there! i do abuse my pickup though.

mike

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Keep one in yer wallet, anywhere on the truck and yer asking for trouble.

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
I keep one in my wallet too. I used to tape one underneath my hitch though.

·
Registered
221 Posts
??????? hate to state the obvious, but why say where you keep your keys "hidden" and then tell us on a public web site? Having the experience of having my truck stolen, its not a good feeling. And check the post with Brian's truck being stolen, and the speculation that it was someone for any of the Dodge forums.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
If you can get my wallet out of my pocket without me catching you then you deserve my truck ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
My numeric code of 0-9 with anywhere from 4-8 numbers used will take a while to guess.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.