DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
AIMS makes the front upper and lower control arms and springs, on the rear flip the rearon top of the springs and use car shock mounts and 2nd gen lowered rear shocks. I know this works well and rides nice, I have lowered a few 1st gen trucks.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spoke with the guys at airbagit com they have what some products that could work. front arms and rear shckles with a hanger kit. shocks as well.
what do you guys think? who else would be worth calling? I need this to be reliable. I just dont have the time fab everything. this truck is our "shop truck"
so it does/has to be able to haul parts, tow trailers and look decent while doing it. thanks for all the help

· Registered
45 Posts
I have used AIMS control arms on 4 1st gen trucks and never had a problem with any of them. One bad part does not make all AIMS parts junk. One blown air bag doesnt always make bags bad sometimes its the installer.

· Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,132 Posts
?? I haven't seen any Chevies around here minus the bumpers, or Dodges for that matter. Well, one Dodge w/ front and rear rollpans. I don't really like the front rollpan though, I prefer shortened stock bumpers.

· Registered
563 Posts
Here is some pictures of a truck that I have just started it is lowered 6" in the rear and 4" in the front. Never mind the paint that is next on my to do list.

· Registered
6 Posts
84 Ram - Like the look of your lowered truck with the wheel/tire combo. Can you tell me what tire size you are running front and back? I have the same wheels and am trying to decide on new tire sizes.

Love the AAR stripes on 2356's '90!

· Registered
45 Posts
The wheels are 20x8.5 and the tires are 265/35x20 front and rear. I am old school and dig the chrome bumpers. Dont let the chrome fool you the truck runs 12.77 at 106mph not bad for a brick.

· Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,132 Posts
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking you for having them. Just stating my personal preference, that's all. To me those bumpers are just too big and bulky looking, almost don't even look like they fit the truck right. The older 72-80 are better looking IMO, they're not as big. Also I don't like chrome much myself. But it's definitely a killer truck.

12.77, what's it got for an engine?

· Registered
563 Posts
2356KEITH those are awesome trucks I really like the wheels on the last one that you have posted. Which old school 833 do you have in the white truck? I have a 833 overdrive in my truck and would like to install a close ratio I am just not exactly sure which of the body styles it should come from.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.