DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the internet a lot ovet the last week and I can't seem to find a good place to get some parts. I've got parts stores close buy to get most of what I need but I'm needing to do some work on the interior. Is there a good place to get some quality restoration type parts for these trucks. Mine is a '84 W250. Thanks

·
Registered
527 Posts
These kinds of parts are hard to come by. Unfortunately, unlike chevy trucks where you can find any part you want, there are no aftermarket interior parts available for our trucks that I know of. I've gone through the same thing you're doing now. Your best source (as far as I know) are the bone yards or try to find someone who is parting our a similar truck. Disregard the color of any trim pieces as you can clean them up and repaint them. Just keep your eyes open and do a little searching and you'll come up with what you need.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's not what i wanted to hear. I've got 2 chevy trucks in the barn and I can find any part I want for them. Thanks anyway though.

·
Registered
837 Posts

·
Mopar Madness - Get it...
4,032 Posts
Well that's not what i wanted to hear. I've got 2 chevy trucks in the barn and I can find any part I want for them. Thanks anyway though.

Yeah, doodlebug is right. Us Mopar guys are either gluttons for punishment, OR we enjoy the thrill of the chase.. :D :D :D I think it's a DNA thing...
Things like door panels .. Dashs ... Instrument bezels ... Stuff like that is hard to come by. You CAN find NOS on ebay, BUT ...The sellers usually know what they got and it ain't cheap.
On the plus side, if you have a local 'pick-a-part' sometimes you'll find a gem where the PO took very good care of the truck and you'll find some excellent 'hard to get' parts. Cheap too! Hell, I buy stuff I don't even need because it was/is in such good shape.

Heh heh heh .... Thrill of the chase.... :D

G

·
I agree with herder. I have found plenty of parts at my local pick a part. The one here has an 84 royal se here that I am grabbing parts from.:D The doors from it are next on my list. Anyways... check your local pick a part, you may find a treasure trove of goodies.:)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
agree with the last two posts...find and hoard extra parts.

·
Registered
177 Posts
yep, i'll agree also. junkyards. that is the beauty with our trucks, there were many built and many years are interchangable so it isn't too hard finding good parts. i've also got real good at finding Dodge parts at swap meets among all tthose other brands. it is that time again soon. oh! and don't forget about your local dealer. i've got one by me that can get quite a few odd parts. i just ordered a fan switch for my 78. took a few days but it is NOS and a good price

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.