Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-
I'm thinking of purchasing a new 2008 Ram 1500, QC, Short bed. I'm seeing plenty of posts talking about the factory to dealer rebates, and then the dealer to customer rebates/incentives- where are you finding these figures? I've been searching the net all night, not finding anything accurate. Edmunds says one thing, another site says another.

How can I find CURRENT incentives/rebates going on? I know the dealers are BEGGING to give these things away- but I'd like to know EXACTLY what I am working with below invoice before I make my purchase.
Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just got 08 laramie QC 1500 on Monday the window sticker was 43,850 after the rebates and some work I got the truck for 33,000 out the door price. With the unlimited drivetrain waranty. I got 5000 off from Dodge, 1000 off dealer and the other 4000 I guess I got lucky. I was looking at the SLT that was 33,000 and they were parked next to each other. I told the salesman I was going to look at all brands of trucks and buy the one that has the most options at the best price. Once they had me inside, they wanted to move a truck I could tell. Sales manager came over and said if you will buy today I sell you the laramie for the same price as the SLT. Couldnt pass that offer up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the newspaper ads here are advertising about $10k off for 'rebates' and 'preferred customer discounts' off of their MSRPs. Now, I know that's advertising- but... seems about par from what I"m reading. So, if MSRP on the truck is about 32k- if I could get it for 20k + TTL is that a decent deal? Or can I get it even lower? Dodge dot com says there's a $5500 rebate now- but what about factory to dealer rebates? Where can I find out about those?

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
I know the dealers are BEGGING to give these things away
Who told you that?

;)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
azdodger said:
Hey guys-
I'm thinking of purchasing a new 2008 Ram 1500, QC, Short bed. I'm seeing plenty of posts talking about the factory to dealer rebates, and then the dealer to customer rebates/incentives- where are you finding these figures? I've been searching the net all night, not finding anything accurate. Edmunds says one thing, another site says another.

How can I find CURRENT incentives/rebates going on? I know the dealers are BEGGING to give these things away- but I'd like to know EXACTLY what I am working with below invoice before I make my purchase.
Thanks!

Customer rebates are easy to find and are as listed at Dodge, edmunds, etc. The factory-to-dealer incentives are different, well hidden, and change often. There is no known listing of them that I've heard of, but you my find them as easily as asking the dealer. Some print them in their ads, along with a bunch of other discounts that you may not even qualify for (student, farm, CDL discounts), to make the price look cheap as hell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.