DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trapping 83mph in the 1/8 and around 101 in the 1/4 before I added P/P heads, and my 3k converter. Now I'm only trapping 81 in the 1/8, but I'm trapping right at 102.5 in the 1/4.. I would love to figure out where my 2mph went in the 1/8, that would definately help in the back half of the track. I know my 60' has changed alot, but I didn't expect to lose 2mph in the 1/8. 60' went from 1.99 to 1.75...
Any ideas???

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I went 13.99 @ 98.89mph with just intake, headers, and superchips and a 2.0 60' time

Then I was going 13.5's @ 99mph with 6.1 cam, e-fan, tq converter and a 1.8 60' time

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pleased enough with the 1/4 mile mph, but if I could get my 1/8 back up it would do nothing but help E.T and trap speed.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
proudhemi said:
I'm pleased enough with the 1/4 mile mph, but if I could get my 1/8 back up it would do nothing but help E.T and trap speed.
I think it is the converter. You are always going to drop a little mph with a better 60' time. My 1/8th mph was 8.8's @ 81mph with the mods listed on that 13.99 pass. Then with the tq converter and DR's, I was running 8.4's @ 81mph.

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
Thats the only reason right there Heath. When you grip better you lose mph and gain et.

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I WAS trapping just about the same mph with my street tires(30.75") and 28" DR's. Now I run the 295/45 MT's which are 27.25" tall. I made a run Sunday in complete street trim, and I'm trying to find a pre converter/heads full street trim slip to compare to.

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My bad.LOL This whole thread is a waste. I was looking at the wrong slips comparing mph's. I don't know why I was thinking 81mph, still trapping 82.34 in the 1/8th. It's kinda hard to keep everything straight when I've got a few hundred slips laying here in front of me...

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
before you were spinning...so that makes your mph higher right there but worse et. Now you have more power and gripping so you arent going to gain much mph.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Jack Arse said:
lol,,but i still dont understand mine..how am i only trapping like .7 mph for a .4 sec gain
Thats the same as me. I went from a 13.99 to a 13.5 and my mph stayed at 99mph. Its all about traction.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
You also have to understand how tq and hp work on drag racing. This is old school stuff. TQ makes your ET and HP makes your mph. Then of course there are little coefficients that make up other relationships in that. Reducing ET doesn't always mean you're making more hp.

Besides, it's the ET that wins a race.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.