DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have recently added a 3rd row seat to my 03 SXT, bolted in just fine and has the molded/depressed foot area.. very cool. What I cannot tell is where do I look (under trim somewhere) for the frame connector that accepts the seatbelt on the top of the frame.. (what??) Ok, having trouble explaining.. I see where the latch side bolts to the bottom of the frame under the middle of the seat.

I am looking for the connectors for the outside part of the seatbelt.. its a retractable that mounts somewhere at top and bottom of the frame. Since the j-yard will not let me go out an look at t the D they took it out of, I have NO idea where thay connect to the frame..

Anyone with the 3rd row, any pics of the rear??? or at least a text of where the bottom and the top of the belt gets connected to the frame?

This would be of great help!

OR, I was considering lap only belts and bolting to the outside part to where the rear of the seat is bolted down...

EDIT: OK, my curiousity got the best of me, I took the trim off and found where the top portion bolts in, can someone confirm where the bottom part bolts on?? I am assuming it bolts down to where the rear of the seat bolts to the floor..

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I'd assume the rear trim pieces are different. The top belt loop is mounted on a depression in the D pillar trim inside the hatch about 2/3 the way up. The rest of the belt goes down into a slot just below the depression. I'd also assume the bosses for the bolts are there. Remove the trim pieces. If so, and if the the interior is the same from the one in the yard, get the trim and bolts.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
Do you have the retractable mechanism and the latches you push them into?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I had everyting.. :) .. I found an SLT parked in a restaurant tonight and took a peek.. Yes, I need a new trim piece where the belt holder attaches to the piller at the top.. My trim does not fit flat nor has the slit the belt goes in to. I will assume at this point, since I have all the mouinting points so far, the retractor mechanism can be mounted inside the trim.. whereever it goes.. thanks for the input!

I need to be calling around some more tomorrow, dealer price for the two sets of belts is $410.00.. The J-Yard I got the belts from really wasn't the right thing... :( so far, only $180.00 for the seat....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yes you need 2 new entire trim pieces. The Rectractors go at the bottom corners immediately inside the liftgate, you have to remove the entire lower trim piece, and it is big, it is one piece all the way from the C-pillar all the way back to the D-pillar and from the floor all the way to the bottom of the window. If you have a rear heater, it's gonna be tricky getting the passenger side retractors mounted as the fan is slightly in the way of at least one of the bolts. I wish I could tell you how to get ot them, but I had the interior apart over 2 months ago, and don't really remember much more then I what I just said.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info saint.. I was afraid of that.. I do not have a rear heat so that should not present an issue, but as usual, the project gets more difficult.. I thought finding the seat was the hard part.. :) !

Hopefully, I will be able to find all the pieces!.. so it looks like (4) at the most trim pieces; the large bottom trim, the top rear (D) pillar trim for both sides, and the seat belts... and of course all the associated bolts... should be interesting. if they would just let me into the j-yard to look myself, life would be much easier! I will need to see if the retractors will fit into the existing bottom trim.

I'll post my results...

thanks again all for your input..

·
Registered
518 Posts
The retractors should, the recess into the pillar pretty nicely IIRC, and don't stick out much

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
maybe this will help?

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, thanks B1G BLEU!!! That helps immeasurably... This way I can be sure I have all the parts from the yard as well.. nice!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, thanks B1G BLEU!!! That helps immeasurably... This way I can be sure I have all the parts from the yard as well.. nice!

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
You're welcome. You're welcome. LOL

I always help blue D's.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just wanted to update on my third row seat project...

All is installed and went great.. Thanks to all the info from posters, it made the job MUCH easier.

Total cost #180.00
for seat. seatbelts, trim pieces and all related bolts, brackets nuts etc..

Found a great J-yard to deal with and they found/included the trim and belts with the seat. They even went back out to gather up the missing bolts etc.. (still wish I could have gone out into the yard, that's always fun..)

Thanks again!

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
BigBlueD said:
snip * They even went back out to gather up the missing bolts etc.. (still wish I could have gone out into the yard, that's always fun..)

Thanks again!
Blue, I used to go with an empty toolbox carrying it like it was heavy with the ratchets stuffed in all my pockets. I even grabbed bulbs. sad. The guy knew me though, he was old, had a chewed up cigar and a limp, you knew you had time if he was coming towards you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.