DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 dakota sport 4x4 quad cab 3.9L V6.Does anyone know where the TCM is located in my truck, i found a computer under the hood on the passenger side but it has one long connection plug and i think that might be the ECM because the TCM i purchased has 3 seperate plugs on the computer , maybe i bought the wrong one? i heard it might be under the dash? thx for your help

·
Registered
5 Posts
The transfer case control module is under the dash, just right of the stearing column. It's a small blue plastic box with three plugs. The transmission control module is in front of your air box on the right side, maybe mounted behind the headlight. Your engine control module is beside your airbox mounted on the finder and has three plugs on it. If your asking about your tccm, lower your stearing column to gain better access to it. The others are easy to get to.

·
Registered
113 Posts
the TCM for earlier years (97-01) has three plugs, the newer ones (02-present) have one long plug. Sounds like you got an older model. The transmission control module and transfer case control module are two separate computers, being the trasmission control module is built into the PCM (ECM) and in the engine bay on the passenger inside fender behind the headlight, and the transfer case control being under the dash. Whch one are looking to replace?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.