DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, I recently purchased a train horn kit (freaking can't wait to get it installed lol)...

I was wondering what kind of switches you use and where you mount them

(and anything special you have done) :rck:

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh, it would be REALLY nice for you to post pics of where you mounted the horns, compressor, and tank :)

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
My switch is the same as my OEM horn.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
there are some really long and informative threads on this already. most of them also have pics. do some thread searching on the board and you will see. you're welcome all the same though.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
best place to mount any switches is on either side of the steering wheel just below the gague cluster

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
ah that would have been my second suggestion. I'll be doing that for David (schawks73) here soon.

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,470 Posts
ah that would have been my second suggestion. I'll be doing that for David (schawks73) here soon.
Ya, I definatly want something clean looking that goes in the cubby... I do use that cubby alot though, but I think I can get used to putting stuff in the center consol since that is a little more secure anyways, but I have my cupholders down all the time I put stuff in there too lol

BTW Charlie, we gonna do a plexiglass one with LEDs in the back? that would look SICK!! lol

-David

BTW check out some pics of hemi450hp's old truck, he had his switched mounted on the end of his dash where it curves around by the door that looks REAL clean.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
we gonna do whatever you want lol. I say leave out the leds though.

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,470 Posts
Ya... I think it would be better to have a flush piece of something in front (not clear) and just use that...

Good tinkin ;)

-David

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I put all my switches below the headlamp kno b on that flat panel

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I thought about LEDs inside the cubby behind the panel, but figured you'd see the wires and everything else behind it and would actually detract from the look it could pull off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.