Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you all source your parts ??

I have had my 85 D100 for a few years now, its time to start restoring it. Recently I had to replace the sending unit and couldn't find a used one anywhere. my mechanic friend finally found a new one in the USA but with part cost, shipping and install it was almost $500 !!

My local wrecking yards don't seem to have anything, and ebay seems to be a crap shoot, I have also found LMC Truck.... Is there other resources I am missing??

·
Registered
153 Posts
Rock auto is my choice for anything they carry -- good selection and affordable. Some people claim their customer service is bad but the time I had shipping damage and also the time it showed delivered (FedEx delivered to 1121 instead of my 1211) they immediately sent out replacement orders without grilling me. I'd have to vouch for them.

Lots of the parts for the 76-80 which I have aren't made anymore and the options then are slim. Find the OEM part number and google it and sometimes that brings up some NOS MOPAR sites. If no luck or too pricey try dodgeconnection.com -- not sure if they sell the later stuff but they have lots for my era.

I also get a lot of parts off of eBay. Having OEM part # and compatability data is a help with this as well.

Of course if you're like me you can get parts trucks and start your own boneyard!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hadn't heard of Rock Auto but will def check them out, thanks jetjurnigan and winter turtle, and I have been looking for a decent parts truck, but they seem few and far between, but will keep my eyes open

·
Registered
79 Posts
If yours is a fuel injected truck a friend of mine was telling me that that particular sending unit is near impossible to find. I ordered an in tank electric unit from Tanksinc.com and it went in perfectly for a fast ez-efi setup that I put on the truck. My friend that did the install I think he said he reversed the one of the hanging straps so that part of it would clear where the fuel tank sending unit went. I will say that if you talk to the wrong guy there he's going to tell you they don't have anything for you. I called back again and talked to a different guy and he's like yeah no problem we got what you need right here.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
What is the part # of the original? The one for my M880 doesn't seem to exist anymore -- but the one for the D100s is available NOS or reproduction from a couple places.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont have the part number.... my mechanic sourced it and did the install. In the spring i am taking a hands on approach to the restoration. Sourcing parts is all new to me, after checking my local wrecking yards i began to worry that finding parts will be difficult.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.