DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy the TES headers this friday and was just wondering where you guys were getting them from. I have an 04 Hemi Ram. Thanks

·
RamFever
601 Posts
I ordered mine from Summit a couple of weeks ago and not due to ship until 8/07 so you will have to wait.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Call Summit Racing @800 230-3030, or Jiggs Performance @800-345-4545. Got mine at Summit!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bought some off of ebay today for $400 shipped. Brand new. Lets just hope they are as good as ppl are cracking them up to be.

·
Registered
160 Posts
There is no without a doubt no hope involved. You will understand once you get them on the Truck! You will love them!
:drivingz:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, on monday im getting my 4.56 gears installed. I cant wait for the weekend to come to throw the headers on then mon. i can finally add the gears to my mod list.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Gears

Just make sure you break them in properly. I wouldn't go over 2500 RPMs for the first 500 miles. And don't floor it or pull anything for 1000 miles. It's going to be hard not to get on it around the streets so take a road trip. :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow i def didnt know bout a break in period. I got done installing them at about 4:00 in the morning and went hauling ass all over town shooting fire out of my y pipe. Oh well it was fun.

·
Registered
152 Posts
ohhhhh ok....phew..ha

·
Registered
378 Posts
So is everyone happy with the TES setup or should i look at like Hedman?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
trey_dogg3 said:
So is everyone happy with the TES setup or should i look at like Hedman?
You will make more power throughout the powerband with the Hedmans because they are longtubes...The edelbrocks are mid length headers. And the Hedamns are cheaper!! $350 shipped for headers and y-pipe from jegs.com.

·
Registered
378 Posts
But the eldelbrock includes the y pipe and is coated for $450 from jegs the hedman is 500 with out the y pipe. coated of course

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
trey_dogg3 said:
But the eldelbrock includes the y pipe and is coated for $450 from jegs the hedman is 500 with out the y pipe. coated of course
Oh...I didn't know they were coated. So the Hedmans will cost a few bucks more, but they will also make more power...I guess it depends on whether or not you are seious about the power. I didn't coat mine, and they are fine. They are a little discolored, but they aren't rusted...they have been on the truck for about 7 months with no problems.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If I went with the hedman longtube headers and off-road y-pipe (no cats) will this cause a problem with the O2 sensors/check engine light?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
You will just have to hook up an 02 simulator...or you can run a setup like mine with an exhaust cutout in front of your cat. In this case, you just have to extend your 02 sensors.

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
trey_dogg3 said:
edelbrocks DO NOT include Y-pipe for your year model

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
When is someone going to manufacture long tubes for us 4x4 guys. The only choice we have is those 1200 headers from dynatech, and I don't have that kind of money

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
hemi1569 said:
When is someone going to manufacture long tubes for us 4x4 guys. The only choice we have is those 1200 headers from dynatech, and I don't have that kind of money

i hear ya man...i'm a 4x4 guy too, i want some headers

i do lean more towards dropping some beans on those dynatech's though :help:

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
I just don't understand why hedman won't produce a system for us 4x4 guys. They would have alot of business coming their way..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.