DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys i wanna go as low as i can but i'm not sure how low that is have the 05 1500 4x2 thanks for your help!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
Send Slammed1 a Private Message....he will hook you up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,791 Posts
There are many factors to consider if you want to go LOW. What offset are your wheels, and what size tires are you running? You should be able to run a 2/4 drop with almost any wheel tire combo, but you will have to be careful if you go any lower than that. And give slammed1 a shout. He can custom build a rop for you to be whatever size you want. He's the man when it comes to suspension work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,359 Posts
Qui3tStorm said:
I sent Slammed1 two PM's over the past few weeks, and have never recived one in responce. I know hes a very busy man though.
I just looked at my P-M,s in alphabetical order and in order of dates and I dont have a single p-m from you..........You sure you havent sent e-mails?????........I dont erase p-m's anymore due to being a DodgeTalk supporter and needing my p-m's for references from time to time........send one again..........

Yes I am busy especially since the theft of my ride and the recovery of it in record time!!!! I will get back in the groove but please be patient guys........I do try to answer all the p-m's I get and I even answer the same ones over and over!!!!!

Qui3tStorm........send another P-M and lets see if it comes through!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,359 Posts
dba2089403 said:
whats up guys i wanna go as low as i can but i'm not sure how low that is have the 05 1500 4x2 thanks for your help!!
well if you have the correct offset and tire height you should have no problem going 4-6 if you dont mind putting a c-notch in the rear for suspension travel!!!!

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
slammed1 said:
I just looked at my P-M,s in alphabetical order and in order of dates and I dont have a single p-m from you..........You sure you havent sent e-mails?????........I dont erase p-m's anymore due to being a DodgeTalk supporter and needing my p-m's for references from time to time........send one again..........

Yes I am busy especially since the theft of my ride and the recovery of it in record time!!!! I will get back in the groove but please be patient guys........I do try to answer all the p-m's I get and I even answer the same ones over and over!!!!!

Qui3tStorm........send another P-M and lets see if it comes through!!!

Cool bro I just re-sent one. Sorry for the hi-jack. :rck:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,359 Posts
basic pricing on drop parts as follows.......

1) Mcgaughy's 2- 4.5 econo drop kit with coils/rear flip /rear shock extensions
300.00 + shipping

2) McGaughy's 2-4.5 deluxe drop kit with spindles/rear flip/rear shiock extensions
475.00 + shipping

3) McGaughy's 4-6 drop kit with spindles/front drop springs/rear flip/rear shock extensions/c-notch
575.00 + shipping

4) BellTech Nitro drop shocks...
185.00 a set shipped (4)

5) BellTech Nitro Active shocks
225.00 a set shipped (4)

6) BellTech rear sway bars
200.00 + 10.00 shipping(best I can do on those)

7) BellTech rear leafs....4" drop
169.00 each + shipping

8) 2" drop springs from McGaughy's includes new bumpstops
85.00 + shipping

9) GroundForce shackles which include my personal installation instructions......and pre-greased by myself
85.00 shipped

10) McGaughys front 2" drop spindles which work on 2wd and 4wd applications
350.00 + shipping

11) McGaughy's c-notch for any more rear drop than 5"
150.00 + shipping

any other prices other than shown needs to be addressed by me through p-m or email ....shipping depends on locations but mainly will be basically the same to most areas except Canada,Alaska,Hawaii.....I do try to get the best shipping rates possible!!!!

Any other parts prices/availability that needs known feel free to ask!!!!
Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
hey brian how much drop do you actually have on your truck now. what did you use to lower the back more. i for sure want to go lower, like you have in the front. maybe we can arrange something to where you can drop the front end and do what you gotta do to get it that low. if i have to drive to you i will or ship my truck to you. i just want it to be in your hands bro. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,359 Posts
BigBadBoy said:
hey brian how much drop do you actually have on your truck now. what did you use to lower the back more. i for sure want to go lower, like you have in the front. maybe we can arrange something to where you can drop the front end and do what you gotta do to get it that low. if i have to drive to you i will or ship my truck to you. i just want it to be in your hands bro. :cool:
I recently measured a stock 02 truck with 275/55/20S on level ground at the shop.....it was 35 inches from the ground to the front wheel well and 38 in the rear........I was sitting on a 3 1/2 fr 6 1/2 rear for a while then I added front spindles and rear short shackles and some hand built 1 1/2 blocks to the flipped rear and came up with just over a 5" front and just over a 8" rear drop..........my truck measured 29 7/8 -30 inches in the front and back from the ground to the wheel wells.......perfectly level front and rear........It looked so good on the trip of death to DFW!!!!!
I did a ton of re-working items under the hood and also trimming of some metal supports and bracing in the wheel well area.......I have also rolled the front and rear wheel well lips for clearance so I could still run the large 305/40/22's with no rubbing.......I am still working on modifying the front wheel well liners for clearance!!!!! A lot of work and paying attention to offsets and tire size will always yield good results of a drop of over 2-4.......I like your 4-6 drop you got from me already.....you already wanting to go lower????? A ton of guys with 2-4 drops are waiting their chances to go a little further and closer to the 4-6 drop........chomping at the bit more like it!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
i love the way it sits right now but i still want to go lower. i was actually getting ready to order to new 35 series tires for the front when i read your post on how you have your truck sitting so i held off. i decided to go ahead and cut the whole lip of the back and just not deal with it. since i'm painting the truck with in the next year so i didn't see why not. it took a lot of time and rubber destroying until i had the lip(or whats left of it) right where it is to where i can carry a good 1000 and have the wheels tuck all the way with 0 probs. just waiting on some $ so order those bags from you. BTW do you have any pics on how or where they install. thanks for all the help Brian
 

·
HEMINATOR
Joined
·
1,131 Posts
Hey Brian, a quick question. a little of thread here but i needed to ask you what is the best OFFSET for our rides, or atleast the in-between offset. I am looking into some rims and i wanted to make sure i get the correct offset before i buy them... I am still looking at the Structure s40's or the Eagle 025(know these work)... thanks again bro...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
i realize that the deluxe kit comes with spindles and the econo kit comes with coils , whats the advantage to having spindles?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,359 Posts
HEMI2003RED said:
Hey Brian, a quick question. a little of thread here but i needed to ask you what is the best OFFSET for our rides, or atleast the in-between offset. I am looking into some rims and i wanted to make sure i get the correct offset before i buy them... I am still looking at the Structure s40's or the Eagle 025(know these work)... thanks again bro...
stock 20's are 20x9 with +19mm offset......any wheel that is wider with the same or close offset will stick out more than factory........If you use a narrower rim 9.0 or 8.0 with the same offset you will be better for clearances...........22X9.5 with +20mm offset is preferred with anything with more than a 2-4 drop.........2-4 drops are more forgiving on offset and tire height......give me the dimensions of the Structure 40's and I will tell you if you will have any concerns.....I doubt you will with your drop though!!

Going off memory the Eagle 025's are +16mm or +14mm and will not tuck with ease if needed!!!! 2-4 drop no problem at all though!!!
 

·
HEMINATOR
Joined
·
1,131 Posts
slammed1 said:
stock 20's are 20x9 with +19mm offset......any wheel that is wider with the same or close offset will stick out more than factory........If you use a narrower rim 9.0 or 8.0 with the same offset you will be better for clearances...........22X9.5 with +20mm offset is preferred with anything with more than a 2-4 drop.........2-4 drops are more forgiving on offset and tire height......give me the dimensions of the Structure 40's and I will tell you if you will have any concerns.....I doubt you will with your drop though!!

Going off memory the Eagle 025's are +16mm or +14mm and will not tuck with ease if needed!!!! 2-4 drop no problem at all though!!!

Hey thanks Brian... I have to call truckexpressions.com to get the correct offset.. then another shop just to make sure its correct... Thanks again for the info... As usual Brian comes through for us... LAter....
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top