DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
73Charger82d350
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... here are the details: I drive a 1982 ram D-350, and i have come across a sway bar issue. Not the bar itself, but the bushing bracket and bracket mount. Where can I find oem bushings, brackets, and mounts (connects the bracket to the frame)??? any help is greatly appreciated. :rck::gr_patrio

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Brackets will probably junk yard or bought off of someone. Bushings can be bought anywhere, not sure about OEM. Did you try a dealership?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Assuming a '82 is like a '78...
The front brackets aren't hard to find. Energy Suspension and others sell them with the bushings.

BUT, if your rear brackets bolt to the front struts, then those brackets are almost impossible to find. (They clamp on the strut and have a stud that is welded to the lower bracket half that in turn bolts to the end loop of the sway bar). Lots of replacement bushings but no replacement bracket/bolt. And if you can find one used, the bolt/stud is usually ruined.

I came very close to scrapping the OEM bar and buying an aftermarket one just to get the brackets. Grady

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.