DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The factory roof rack is brushed aluminum which would look lame on a menacing all black beast. I want something black that doesn't look like some cheesy removeable ski rack type of thing - something that looks like it belongs there and is strong enough to hold up a Thule cargo box full of golf clubs and luggage, etc.

Thanks,
DB

·
Registered
188 Posts
Best bet is to look into powder coating the stock stuff since you don't like the brushed. I am not a fan of the roof rack, but nothing else comes close to even looking like it belongs up there. IMHO

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here here! Stick with the OEM rack and have it 'colored' somehow.

The after market racks are all a joke and won't give you the spread you need to carry kayaks/etc. easily. OEM rack gives you like 5' spread between bars...and my Mopar aftermarket crap (due to way you mount) gives like < 3' spread.

·
Mineral Grey Metallic SXT
100 Posts
The factory roof rack is black. It's my understanding that you can just buy the parts from Mopar and have them installed. RedFoxx had it installed on his SRT, you may check with him to see what's involved and the costs...

·
Registered
17 Posts
roof racks

Hey, I got a set of roof rack brand new never used or installed for sale if you are interested in them. I bought them for my wife and she changed her mind. Check your dealership on the price and i will beat it by far. I have the four end caps with both side rails. I did not by the cross members we thoght them would look better with out them. I can send you pictures if interested. Thanks Tommy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.