DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife seems to think mod'n is a huge waste of time and money. I can't convince her it's a hobby. With my D I want it to be modded from front to back inside and out. I don't want it to be like anyone elses. I'll never be done

my to do list
RLG's smiley grill
Keystone kit to paint (front and back next week)
LCD's (seats and sun visors)
indash t.v.
fastman TB
M1
Headers

so what are your plans
are you done or is there such a thing?
How much longer will it take you to reach your goal?

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
got lots left to do. Here is my list with approx prices:

Brakes 350
tires 1000
shocks 300
air filter 200
superchips 350
add a leaf 75
exhaust 500
cb radio 250
gps 250
shop compressor and air tools 700
ARB locker 1500
rock rails 500
offroad bumpers 2000-3000
winch & pulpal 1500
high powered lights 300

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would that be the ultimate off roader?

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
nah, that award would still go to SolidAxleD or Weby. But mine would be a good on/offroad machine with all those mods. May take me another year to get it all done.

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
I'm going for a strong, reliable, good looking future working truck. Not oriented towards street or off-road specifically, but just better all-around.

4.10 Gears front/Rear
LSD or Powertrax Rear
Hi-perf tranny (when the OEM finally quits)
APS or Fastman TB (50mm)
FMS 4-hole injectors (instead of the 1-hole OEM injectors)
PML or ORU diff covers
Deep Tranny pan on new tranny
Polyurethane front end bushings
Rancho 9000 shocks
Set of off-road tires on black AR 767 wheels
replacement speakers for OEM stereo speakers
Line-X rocker panel coating
Trailer brake wiring
MSD 8228 coil
1.7RR with new pushrods/guideplates
ported/blended heads
smoothed/blended stock kegger w/ billet belly pan
stainless steel brake lines
greaseable ball joints
upgraded U-joints (greaseable)

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
There are things I'm definitely doing and stuff I'm leaning towards. I don't think I'm ever going to be "done", but there is less and less out there that I'm attracted to.

Stuff I'm installing within the next few days:

360 Air Intakez Power Shot with heat shield
DynoMax Super Turbo exhaust
Front windows tint
APC White Face Gauge

Within the next month or two:

Fastman TB
Pioneer DEH-P47DH

And the longer term to-do list:

Cuda style hood
Mesh grill inserts (rock should be nice and sell me his when he get's RLG's grill)
Long tube headers
MSD ignition
Chrome wheels
Valve covers

Finally, the *maybe* list (stuff I'm not positive I want):

MTX thunderform
DVD and LCD's
Front and rear bumper covers, but haven't decided on the style

I would say that the hood is my most wanted mod, but it's also the most expensive considering shipping, prep and paint. It will likely be one of my last mods. I would like to have everything on my longer term list this year except for the hood, which will probably wait until next year. Boating season is upon us once again and it's more of a financial drain than modding the D.

[edit: added a couple of things and fixed spelling]

·
'99 Durango SLT
283 Posts
I have lots to do also. My goal is to make my Durango a more competent off-roader, without really changing it's appearance.

This weekend

Add a leaf and torsion bar lift

This season

Hi-Lift Jack
Front reciever hitch with skid plug
OEM Skids
Overhead 6" Lights with Integrated Roof Spoiler
K&N FIPK
2" Shackles

Future

Muffler
Winch - receiver mount with additional remote power connection to the rear
32" Tires

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Rock, nice thread bud. :D

I agree, I'll never be done. My brain is always going on how I can make my D unique and something no one else could ever duplicate. I am fortunate, VERY fortunate to have a wife that even though she doesn't understand the obsession she supports it. Her feeling is that there are far worse things I could be blowin' the money on.

As far as where I'm going........ well, the motor is priority right now which is in it's final stages. Shoulb be running by month end. Then the Viper brakes/new Bilsteins/MOOGs get installed. From there.........

- Complete stereo system (finally get the components I have stored away installed)
- Detail the entire undercarriage
- Re-do second row seats with more foam for better support
- Suede headliner
- Paint job with realistic ghost flames
- Oh believe me, there's more to this list! ;)

So there you have, the short part of my long "To-Do" list. :D

Rock, are you making it to Carlisle in July??

·
Just being me
141 Posts
I want my truck to look nice yet not be afraid to make it work when I need it.
Only interior work I would need is:
a nice sound system

Exterior:
I'd like to get a nice set of bumpers
a new hood
new grill (or inserts for now)
fix some dings and dents in the body
and some nice wheels and tires

There aren't to many D's in my area that have any of this (other than DurangoDude that lives like 5 minutes from me and I never realized it or ever seen his ride around.,lol) I just want a nice truck that'll make people look twice when they see me and not think "it's just another Durango". Yet I'll still want to be able to throw 2X4's and sheetrock on her without thinking twice ;)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Puppetmaster said:
There aren't to many D's in my area that have any of this (other than DurangoDude that lives like 5 minutes from me and I never realized it or ever seen his ride around.,lol)

:thatfunny :thatfunny

Ummmmmmmmm, you haven't seen my ride because IT'S NOT RUNNIN' YET!!! :crazy:

:D :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Well when it comes to moddin',

I go back and and forth between the Harley and the Durango. Last year it was ALL DURANGO (Paxton, Martin Saine Tranny, and Viper Brakes). The year before that it was ALL HARLEY (Exhaust, Handle Bars, and Custom Paint). So lately I have been doing stuff to the ElectraGlide.

Performance wise I'm pretty close to finished with the Durango. So I'm slowly moving to the interior. I've got one layer of FatMat down and will be installing a second layer soon. I hope to add TVs in the headrests and a DVD player for the kids. I'm actually happy with the OEM stereo, (I know, I must be deaf from riding that Harley), so all I plan to do is install the iPod interface.

I can't get too wild or exotic with the Durango.
It's a daily driver, and I need it to be dependable.

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
RT Mark said:
Paxton, Martin Saine Tranny, and Viper Brakes

I can't get too wild or exotic with the Durango.
:thatfunny

You've got a supercharger, a badass transmission, and what I can only imagine are brakes that will throw you into the windshield... What's your definition of "exotic"? :huh:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Rock since you asked, I'm pretty much done. The wife and I want to retire early and travel extensively so my "extra" money will be poured into that the next few years. Obviously as things wear out they'll be replaced with superior aftermarket components so I may not be completely done. I can easily live vicariously through all you guys.......... ;)

There's some pretty impressive mod lists!

·
Just being me
141 Posts
DurangoDude said:
:thatfunny :thatfunny

Ummmmmmmmm, you haven't seen my ride because IT'S NOT RUNNIN' YET!!! :crazy:

:D :D
lol.,.,yeah, I know you've been outta commission for a while doing your engine work.,I was just saying there aren't too many around our parts that aren't "stock" or "stock looking" :rck: Can't wait to see your beast in action man.

Funny, wifey saw this " :crazy:" in your post towards me and said "see he already knows how you are" lol , even behind a pc I can't hide it :D take care

·
Registered
243 Posts
My goals for modding: I want to run 12s in the 1/4 mile, even if it's 12.999999 I want a 12 second E/T in full street trim, spare tire, tow hitch, and all. I have a lot of performance mods sitting around that are uninstalled and I have a lot of parts that are floating around in Cali somewhere. I have to mind the order that the parts get installed because of the build I'm doing, I can't just install certain things without other components otherwise it won't work. With all of this modification I want to remain fully street legal (in Missouri is not that hard). I will not be doing anything to the interior or to the audio, my only focus is on performance.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
RLG, just took a look at your gallery any I remembered how much I like you D. Ever consider getting the rear spoiler? I think that would finish off the exterior nicely!

Just a thought. :D

·
unRegistered Dog
2,134 Posts
The goal is to make the best lowered bling bling D on 26's.

;)

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
haha very funny, you had me going

·
Registered
484 Posts
kingstretch said:
:thatfunny

You've got a supercharger, a badass transmission, and what I can only imagine are brakes that will throw you into the windshield... What's your definition of "exotic"? :huh:
I see what you mean, LOL

I guess "exotic", to me is some of the other stuff I've seen done to Durangos, like jacking it 4 feet off the ground and installing HUGE tires, or dropping it 1/2" from the ground, installing neon lights underneath, and putting a waterfall in the back, or glueing little glass mirrors all over the inside of the engine compartment.

I hope I didn't insult those Durango owners that have done those things, it's just that those kind mods aren't my cup of tea. Those kind of mods are too "exotic" for me.

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
ahhhh... now I'm following. Sounds like you aren't trying to build a show-car. You're trying to build a Durango that you'll really enjoy.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.