DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BIG BLACK CTD
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO.. wife, her sister, and I are tooling around and I figure I'll swing by the dealership to show the girls the new beast (3500 CTD 4x4 QC/SRW) of the family. To my horror, when I get there, the damn thing is gone! I start panicing as this was the exact truck, color, and options I wanted. I was just waiting 'til end of month to get my commission check. Anyways.. I'm running around shrieking like a little girl who lost her barbie.. and I check every damn truck they have on the lot (Herb Chambers Dodge). I'm closer to tears now. Every freakin CTD (they had at least 8 two weeks ago) is gone! :shocked: :grum: :jmad:

You guys out there working in dealerships.. is it true? are the CTD's "flying off the shelf"?

I've now got to go in and hope my previous dealer can do an inventory search and find mine before the employee discount promo ends. :help:

oh.. to end the story.. I see a couple of used Powerjokes on the lot so I tell my wife "well, guess I'm going to have to be a Ferd now". She looks at me with the straightest, most serious face and says "Oh hell no. Friends don't let friends by Ford". I wanted to give her a big hug for saying that.. regardless of how much a pain in the ass she is occasionally. :flippy:

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
You don't even see CTD's on the lot around here

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up my ram 2 weeks ago after realizing the discount was only good for a month. When I started looking I though I had a couple of weeks but as I looked at different dealers lots I was repeatedly told they were being sold quickly.

I thought they were BSing. That was until I did an inventory search online and found only a few I liked within 200 miles. After 1 week I settled on a truck almost an hour away. They day I picked up my truck they had 2 people ask to purchase it. I know it wasn't a gimmick because I spoke with one of the guys. When I went back to drop off the financing check the next weekend they finally found that guy a truck over 6 hours away. (From outside Philly to some where in VA.) Again he was there and asked how I liked "his" truck.

If you are selective in your truck purchases good luck and I recommend using the dodge web site to search dealer inventories. Some dealers won't trade the Cummings away so you might have to purchase directly from them, not through a trade with a dealer close to you.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
This is what I've been trying to tell the people that think they know all of these gimmicks to buy vehicles for cheaper. If you want a CTD, it is simple SUPPLY vs. DEMAND economics. Maybe some areas have a bunch of CTD's, but there were only 2 on the lot when I bought mine, out of a total of 48 trucks on the lot. That is why my rebate was only $1500 from the factory, instead of $3500 like the rest.

Good luck in finding your truck. (It appears that there have been a few "converts" from Powerstrokes to CTD's in your town, huh). :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.