DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened to all the dodge trucks in the truck series ?
I watched the last 2 races and the only ones left are Bobby Hamiltons, did dodge back out of the craftsman truck series or what ? Its all Toyotas now...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Basically, Dodge couldn't keep up with the amount of money that Toyota started spreading around in the series. Last year, Toyota was giving more money to "each" Toyota team than Dodge was giving to "all" of its teams combined. It's pretty much what many Nascar fans were afraid would happen with Toyotas entry into the sport. Next, watch for the same to happen in Busch, then Cup.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
TR4Petty said:
Basically, Dodge couldn't keep up with the amount of money that Toyota started spreading around in the series. Last year, Toyota was giving more money to "each" Toyota team than Dodge was giving to "all" of its teams combined. It's pretty much what many Nascar fans were afraid would happen with Toyotas entry into the sport. Next, watch for the same to happen in Busch, then Cup.
I am not doubting you, I dont even "follow" nascar just Dodge, but why are they developing the COT and how will those toyota teams invest money into a car and engine that will be pre-fabricated and unable to alter?

·
Registered
713 Posts
TR4Petty said:
That's too bad if that happens. Although most of the cars/trucks racing are basically the same design and such, it's just more fun to watch the different brands battling it out. But last weeks race was pretty sad since there was like 5 toyotas to every one of the Fords and Chevies on the track and two Dodges. That young kid was having a hell of a time driving the red and white Dodge, i think it spent more time in the pits getting repaired than out on the track.

The COT should make things interesting for the Cup. Have any of you heard if there will be restrictor plates on the COT?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Dodge has decided to put its limited resources into Cup. They've practically pulled out of the Truck and Busch series. The COT reduces the areas where the individual teams can be inventive but doesn't eliminate them. The better funded teams will still find areas to improve.

·
Premium Member
27,633 Posts
No wonder I only watch NASCAR if there is nothing else to do.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Lets see, a few years ago they let Toyota in the truck series, now the Toy truck is the dominant truck and the one to beat. Now they are in the "cup' cars, how long will it be before they dominate? Successful Racing programs,(championships), are based on business,(money). They everything to gain and little to lose. The last F-1 race they did very well as well as the cup race. It's unfortunately just a matter of time before they win, Nascar Cup, Truck, F-1, Baja 1000/500, Sports car? A global sweep to proclaim their engineering dominance, this sucks, I think this what they are after. At least Cart uses only Ford Cosworth, so that is one they don't compete in.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I got some bad news for you, threetwos; Ford has already anounced that they're pulling out of CART. I'm sure that a Japanese automaker will take their place next year. The Japanese automakers are supported and protected by their government and have bottomless money pits to spend on racing. Toyota spends 1 Billion a year on their F1 effort. That's more than Ferarri's total worth!

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
TR4Petty said:
I got some bad news for you, threetwos; Ford has already anounced that they're pulling out of CART. I'm sure that a Japanese automaker will take their place next year. The Japanese automakers are supported and protected by their government and have bottomless money pits to spend on racing. Toyota spends 1 Billion a year on their F1 effort. That's more than Ferarri's total worth!
Wow that really sucks, at least Ford didnt have to go to gm and kindly ask them to improve their engine as gm did to Ford a few years back, oh well, the writing is on the wall man. Honda and Toyota will soon if not now, control automobile racing. In Gran prix motorcycle, which I am a huge fan, Italy is still the "lone" holdout with Ducati and Aprilla. Man whats this world coming to? :VHOT: I have to rspect and applaud Enzo Ferrari's philosophy of selling cars only to support his company Racing effforts, I don't know how they do it? I guess 35.00 Ferrari "ballcaps" is the only way. I hope McClaren Mercedes or Ferrari win GP racing this year, especially the constructors championship. 1 billion is a huge obstacle that even the U.S. based companies cant compete against? BTW, I am not a ford man in the least, they do/did have an open wheel racing effort,(successfully), that rivaled Ferraris back in the sixties, when Ferrari stated that the only American built sports car was," a jeep", and pissed off ol Henry Jr. and he committed an unheard of 100 million to do what it takes to upseat Ferarri in the late sixties,(GT40 program), and was successful for a while, until the monoquque chassis was developed and Ferrari took it back. Bet a lot of Ford fans will be upset, now they know how we feel. :mad:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Toyota only admits to spending 550 million on their F1 effort (which is huge, compared to the others) but insiders say that it is at least twice that much, hence the 1 Billion dollar estimate. What really angered Mr. Ford back in the sixties was Mr. Ferarri's last minute backing out of selling his struggling operation to Ford. Mr. Ford was so angered by that, he decided to show up the Ferarris on the racetrack. Hence, the original Ford GT was born and proceeded to kick Ferarris butt on the track.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Thanks tr4petty, interesting I didn't know that Ferrari was pressured to sell to Ford, thank GOD he didn't, I have nothing but respect for the man and his company,(Ferrari NOT Ford). Henry Ford was an outspoken Anti-Semite. and for this I will never buy any ford product, ever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.