DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive noticed a couple times when i punch it and keep it punch in first gear (still in drive) wen i race some1 it like hits a rev limiter y does it do that insted of shifting?

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had the same problem in a couple of my Dodges, it was the shift solenoids in the tranny both times. ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here's a quote from another forum, mine had exactly the same issues;

Replacing the GPS - governor pressure solenoid fixed the problem for me. Dodge dealer did it and didn't seem at all surprised about it. Seems to be a pretty common occurence with this transmission.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i had to replace my shift selonid twice on my dodge and now i hear a pop when i shift from drive to reverse wether im on an incline or not so it looks like i will be going in for a third

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i just read that whole link and i think its just how they built the 3rd gen tranny's, and even when i do start to let off at around 4800rpm so it will shift at 5000rpm its just such a little bit on ur throttle that it doesnt make a difference. thats what i feel like to me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Believe me, it's not normal, if the solenoids are good and the cable is adjusted correctly, it will shift when it should! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.