DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2500 will not shift into 1st gear when in drive... It stuck in 3rd gear.. When i manual shift it into 1st gear it goes into first gear, or if i manual shift it into second gear it goes into second gear. . but than i put it back in drive it goes back to 3rd gear.

any ideas?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Possibly the governor solenoid or transducer went south. Not building pressurefrom what it sounds like. Tranny shop will have to diagnois it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sounds like what happened to mine. The govenor selonoids were bad and when they pulled the pan there was a lot of clutch material and metal shavings so insted of rebuilding it i bought a jasper tranny and it feels like a new truck, and I havet had any problems with it. I just hope its your selonoids because you could fix that yourself and its not expensive at all

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya.. i called dodge and they told me it will cost around 850 to change the selinods and fluid and filter... i said what????

I'm going to order the 2 parts monday and put them in myself. it looks pretty easy. If anyone else has any more information, please let me know.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.