DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ARRGGhhh! Ok so I ordered some wheels and tires mounted and shipped to an alternate address. I spoke with someone on the phone and also faxed all the info for the alternate address as I was directed. So.... I'm waiting for this package to show up at this alternate address (my dad's place) for the last 3 days on which I'd estimated the delivery would show up.. nothing.... I had to work today, and when I go home to my apartment I see 3 attempt notices on my apartment door the last one saying "final attempt"!

WTF! Am I wrong to expect something done right when I'm paying the nice sum of money a set of wheels and tires would run?

I work 1200 till around 9:30 pm during the week so by the time I called UPS it was too late. I won't be able to pick them up till tuesday now which means some severe alterations in my plans for that week.

I sent a nasty email but I know I'll either get no response or a hollow apology. Their name will go unmentioned, because this is my first and probably only experience with them. I think next time I'll just make a local shop special order exactly what I want instead of only looking for the place that has it already online. This proved to be a waste of my time, and will be even a greater wast because now I have to go pick them up myself! (will a magnum hold 4 wheels at 20x8.5 with 275/40/20 tires mounted?)

·
Registered
365 Posts
I hope anyone else on the forum, doesn't accidently order from the unmentioned company. Fold down the back seats. They'll fit.

·
Registered
271 Posts
that blows! make sure to bring some blankets or tarps the oils or whatever is in the rubber on the tire make marks that never come out.

·
Registered
403 Posts
fidel could i get the name of the company ? i am thinking of ordering online and want to have a heads up if i am dealing with i screwy company .

thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
ARRGGhhh! Ok so I ordered some wheels and tires mounted and shipped to an alternate address. I spoke with someone on the phone and also faxed all the info for the alternate address as I was directed. So.... I'm waiting for this package to show up at this alternate address (my dad's place) for the last 3 days on which I'd estimated the delivery would show up.. nothing.... I had to work today, and when I go home to my apartment I see 3 attempt notices on my apartment door the last one saying "final attempt"!

WTF! Am I wrong to expect something done right when I'm paying the nice sum of money a set of wheels and tires would run?

I work 1200 till around 9:30 pm during the week so by the time I called UPS it was too late. I won't be able to pick them up till tuesday now which means some severe alterations in my plans for that week.

I sent a nasty email but I know I'll either get no response or a hollow apology. Their name will go unmentioned, because this is my first and probably only experience with them. I think next time I'll just make a local shop special order exactly what I want instead of only looking for the place that has it already online. This proved to be a waste of my time, and will be even a greater wast because now I have to go pick them up myself! (will a magnum hold 4 wheels at 20x8.5 with 275/40/20 tires mounted?)
I would call the people you bought it from and tell them that unless they give you free shipping, the wheels are coming back to them and you expect a full credit to your card.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey FIDEL sorry to hear about your problem. That sucks. I work for UPS and I only say this cause I see it weekly. A shipper can only ship to an address listed from your credit card. So if dad's address is not listed on your credit card as a safe shipping address they can not ship to a different address other than your billing address. Just keep in mind when ordering online. It's really easy to add addresses to a card by calling your creditor and giving what ever address you want. Jason.................

·
Registered
155 Posts
UPS92008 said:
Hey FIDEL sorry to hear about your problem. That sucks. I work for UPS and I only say this cause I see it weekly. A shipper can only ship to an address listed from your credit card. So if dad's address is not listed on your credit card as a safe shipping address they can not ship to a different address other than your billing address. Just keep in mind when ordering online. It's really easy to add addresses to a card by calling your creditor and giving what ever address you want. Jason.................
Not true. This is a policy that many stores choose to enforce to cut down on fraud. This is not a requirement. For example, at Amazon.com, you can ship to any address you want. Also, think of all the stores that have bridal and baby registries online. They allow you to order online and ship to the bride's/mother's address. Obviously, in the latter case, there is less of a chance for fraud.

I think it is a risk thing. If I owned an small internet/mail order business, I probably would force people to use their billing address. However, I would state this up front. That way the above mentioned issue would not have happenned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.