DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, First time posting and would like to ask for some help. What kind of wheels will fit my black Extended Cab 93 Dodge 250 Diesel Truck. I am an all original person who likes to stick to factory as much as possible, but I don't like the factory steel wheels and hub caps. I might possibly would like to have the 2000 - 2002 2500 alloy wheels, or if these will not fit possibly the 94 - 99 2500 wheels. Can anybody tell me if these wheels will fit on my 93 Dodge truck? If they will not fit can spacers be used, etc? I might possibly look at a nice aftermarket billet style wheel, the ones with the big holes in them, but really would like to stick to MOPAR. What ever info you guys can give me would be MUCH APPRECIATED.

Thanks,
Steve

· Registered
178 Posts
All dodge bigger trucks run the same bolt pattern, 8 on 6.5". The newer an oem rim you go, the more backspacing you will find[designed to tuck]. This too should not be too big of a problem unless you plan to run a wide tire. The alloys will be a wider wheel than the utilitarian steel wheels[but as to be expected the steels rims take a pounding, and can possibly be hammered back to a decent shape if it becomes a necessity].

The older Fords[bigger] and almost all Chevy's[bigger] also run the same pattern. Avoid the H2 rims as they tend to have a bit too much backspace, and the H1[way to much].

After market you should be able to run a 16"[a few might have concerns with the brakes, most won't] and will easily run a 16.5. The 16.5 is an oddball as they were designed to carry weight under pressure. They do not have a great lip design to hold a tire on the rim at lowered pressures.

Don't worry about sturdiness of the wheel as the bolt pattern dictates a vehicle that carries weight[it's not like you might buy a car rim, as no car or light truck had this pattern, originally].

Good Luck, happy motoring, and welcome to the board.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.