DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2007 dodge ram 1500 5.7 4wd and i have just recived a leveling kit 2.5'' front 1.5'' rear and need to know what kind of tires should i use with that kit .im thinking of 275/65R20 tires but im not sure would fit or triming required
thanks

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
No trimming required for that. Stock 20's are 275/60/20. Your width will be the same as stock, so the only thing you're changing will be overall diameter from a 33" tire to a 34" tire. People run 34's all the time with 2" leveling kits, so anything beyond that is just extra clearance.

As for which kind. I like the Goodyear Duratrac. I had them on my '07, and they were great. I've got a similar model (Kelly Safari TSR) on my '12, but the Duratrac seemed a bit quieter. Many other options from BFG, Nitto, etc so take your time and do some research.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi
first of all i want to thank for the useful information,i did some research and i found wheels that i really like on ebay (20" Worx 803 BEAST wheels Toyo ATII 275/65R20 Tires 34") but i just want to make sure that they will fit directly before i order them because shipping these tires to libya will take 45-60 days and incase i got the wrong tires returning them would be big problem for me.
thank you and i really appreciate it

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Those should work. Looking at the specs on the Worx 803, I see two different available offsets for the 20" rim with a 5 bolt pattern. They have a +18 offset, and a -12 offset. Make sure you order the correct set, and they'll do nicely. The +18 offset is nearly the same as the stock rim, and shouldn't give you any problems at all. For the specifics, the stock 20" rim is 20x9 +19, and the Worx 803 is 20x9 +18.

The only difference you might notice is from the tire size you mentioned, which is slightly larger diameter. Again, it's nothing substantial, many people are running 34" tires with nothing more than a leveling kit. As for the specific tire (Toyo A/T II), it is a popular tire, and it's rated well. I don't have any personal experience with them but Toyo does make a good product and I know several users here on DT have run Toyo tires.

So to keep it simple. The combination you asked about should work just fine on your truck with the previously mentioned 2.5" leveling kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.