DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alas, the never ending debate. I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport with the Off-Road package. I currently have the stock 17" rims on her. I am looking at tires anywhere from 33" to 35" My biggest question right now is, using my stock rims, what is the widest tire I can run? I am interested in some 13.50 wide tires as well as some 10.50 wide tires. I took my trusty ol tape measure out to see how wide my rims are and it appears they are around 9" wide? Does this sound right or am I wrong :help: Any and all help is appreciated

·
Registered
591 Posts
The stock Off Road wheels are 17x9. I have the same wheels and I'm currently running 315s on it. They are closest in size to 35x12.5, but actually measure only 34.5" tall. I have no clearance issues at all as is. If I was going to run 13.5" wide tires I would probably go to a 10" wide wheel. You might be able to get away with the stockers, but it would be close. You most likely need to lift your truck an additional 3+ inches to clear something 13.5" wide on the stock wheels would be my guess. (i'm no expert mind you.)

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
So you are clearing 315's with no lift (other then the 2" you get with the off-road package) on off-road rims? Got any pics of the 315's on thoe off-road rims? Just curious how that looks. I'm running on a set of the 17" off-road rims, and have 2" of lift (same as the off-road package).

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I ran a 33x13.50R17 Super Swamper Irok on my STOCK Off Road ram with zero rubbing issues. Great looking set up to boot.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Silver_DodgeRam said:
So you are clearing 315's with no lift (other then the 2" you get with the off-road package) on off-road rims?
In the rear, yes. I forgot to mention that I replaced the stock coils in the front with 3" lift Skyjackers springs. (basically just leveled the front end out)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
01_OffRoad said:
I ran a 33x13.50R17 Super Swamper Irok on my STOCK Off Road ram with zero rubbing issues. Great looking set up to boot.
Thanks, those are the exact tires that I am looking at as well. How did you like them? How did they wear?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Ninja Nate said:
Thanks, those are the exact tires that I am looking at as well. How did you like them? How did they wear?
Great tire. In fact, I really wish I had the Irok's on my truck now instead of the Trxus M/T's that I do. It did surprisingly well on the street, and tore it up off road. I'd expect to get about 30,000 out of them at least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.