DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us got together and took a half day and made a trail run out of it. The trail is Montana Mountian Trail, just off the US60 that is near Florence and finishes close to Superior. Total trail is like 35 miles long. It was a beautiful day too. Just hit 82.. was 77 at the top.. little windy.. but all in all.. great day! Trucks did great.

A side note: :teacher: When going with Craig. Let him lead the pack.. He tends to wanna open her up and just fly down these trails.. haha

·
DR
990 Posts
beautiful!!

take out the cactus and it looks just like the terrain around rock springs, wyoming

·
HEMI
2,771 Posts
Awesome pics, looks like a lot of fun

Jealous of those temps ;)

The high was about 30 here today

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
"I wanna go fast!"

Haha, it was a great trip for sure. Nothing too difficult and something you could do in 2wd but 4wd would make it easier. Lots of switchbacks and plenty of "go fast" places too. It would be AWESOME to do at night as some of the overhangs will make you pucker up some :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
very nice pics

·
HOTROD
590 Posts
nice pics. Looks like yall had some fun

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Very nice pics, again!

Did you have to use 4wd at all?

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
No one HAD to use 4wd but I did out of choice but could have done it in 2wd no problem. Some of the guys ran the trail in 2wd most of the time. I had it, I used it and it made flogging and hucking the truck a lot easier. When you don't have to worry about spinning the tires, you can go a lot faster, hence why I was airborn a handful of times. :D

·
377 Posts
Thats a great trail! I haven't been on it in a while though. Have you guys done the 4 Peaks trail to the top? I recently went up with our Rhino while the snow was still there. Great Trip! Looks like you all had fun.

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
Thats a great trail! I haven't been on it in a while though. Have you guys done the 4 Peaks trail to the top? I recently went up with our Rhino while the snow was still there. Great Trip! Looks like you all had fun.
I've ran Four Peaks 7 times in the past year. From the "parking lot/campground" by the 87 to the top, I can run it in just a little over an hour (26 miles). It is my go-to trail for when I just want to go wheel and have a little fun.

Any suggestions on some other trails in the area? Over at DTX, we do monthly GTG's if you're interested.

·
377 Posts
Well at that same turn off for the four peaks route, if you turn Left rather than right you can head down the sugar loaf side. I was actually down there today doing some long range shooting with my new rifle. I haven't been on that trail alot, but im told it will wrap around and spit you out on the north side of Fountain Hills. I have seen alot of the trails closed off now so i need to find new ones. I have heard about some great trails in the Cave Creek area, but never been on them.

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
Yup, we were just out there in early January, great wash! It's also known as Sycamore Creek or FH-403. It doesn't head down to Fountain Hills anymore as you have to cross Reservation land.

Lots of good stuff in the Cave Creek area but nothing appears too challenging other than Table Mesa.

·
Chrome Killer
61 Posts
What kind of mirrors are these?

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
What kind of mirrors are these?
Those would be TTT Mirrors. http://www.ttt-mirror.com I absolutely LOVE them. IMHO, they are way better than Dodge tow mirrors as I don't have any blind spots, they telescope, not flip and they have LED's turn signals and running lights

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Awesome scenery and looks like a hell of a time.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
All those saguaros.... now I'm homesick.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.