Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st question why the hell aren't these things stock? :VHOT:

Anyways... I put mine on today and they really clean up the look of the truck IMO. I got them for $82 shipped on ebay and it was well worth it.

·
Private Assasin
1,198 Posts
Yep..had them about 5 years now on mine.

·
Canuck in NB
5 Posts
Liners

I agree these should be stock ...I had mine installed with my Nerf's and Jack Rabbit rolling cap. They add a finished look to the truck and they were only $90 cdn.

·
New Vision
1,199 Posts
I absolutely love mine! I wash them each time I hand wash my truck then apply some time of "make 'em shine" treatment.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I am glad I bought em. They can be installed with the rear wheels on but it takes too much effort. Also if you have Mopar mud flaps installed on the rear, then they have to come off too and then you can reinstall them afterwards. Much cleaner.

·
New Vision
1,199 Posts
usmarinekurt said:
so they wrap around the fender too ----? is that the black I am seeing on your truck?
Here's what they look like...

Attachments

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
Ram Fourpoint7 said:
1st question why the hell aren't these things stock?
My opinion is when DC switched to the new 3G model, they cut corners trying to save money. This included no wheel well liners, and, if you notice, you do not have a key entry lock on the passenger door anymore either. I'm sure you can find other odds and ends as well:

- Ash tray light optional
- Hood light optional

All these things were all stock on the 2G Rams.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The keyless passenger door I thought was just a 'safety' feature, but I could see where it actually could be just cost cutting.

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
Some must come with a key in the passenger door. Mine did.

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
jordanp123 said:
Some must come with a key in the passenger door. Mine did.
Impossible. Unless it's standard on regular cabs (makes sense with only two doors). Maybe quad cabs don't come with them. :dunno:

I want pictures. :D

Anyone?

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
ST models still have a lock cylinder on the passenger side front door. Only the SLT's and Laramies do not, because those vehicles have keyless entry.

Like mrmagoo said, this is also a security feature, because it gives thieves one less way into the vehicle.

I always add the wheel well liners to my trucks. Besides just making everything look better, they keep a lot of dirt and debris from getting in hard to clean areas.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Single cabs do come with both doors, my '02 did, but my '06 QC doesn't, only the driver's side has the key hole. But I also have keyless entry so that might be it as well.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
See my post right before yours. ;)

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
FreeLantz said:
ST models still have a lock cylinder on the passenger side front door. Only the SLT's and Laramies do not, because those vehicles have keyless entry.

Like mrmagoo said, this is also a security feature, because it gives thieves one less way into the vehicle.

I always add the wheel well liners to my trucks. Besides just making everything look better, they keep a lot of dirt and debris from getting in hard to clean areas.
I would like to let Dodge know my dissatisfaction with removing the passenger lock cylinder on SLT and Laramie models. It sucks having to walk all the way around to the drivers side when you don't have your key fob. Yes, I'm lazy and I drive a truck.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
jmbones said:
I would like to let Dodge know my dissatisfaction with removing the passenger lock cylinder on SLT and Laramie models. It sucks having to walk all the way around to the drivers side when you don't have your key fob. Yes, I'm lazy and I drive a truck.
Well let them know then! lol

https://www.osow.daimlerchrysler.com/osow/suggest/Welcome.do

Personally I don't think I've ever missed the lock cylinder on the passenger side of my Dakota. I always use the keyless entry; besides, the key fob and the key are one piece!:)

Now I realize if you have a 2005 model, that wouldn't be the case, so I can see where you are coming from too.;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.