Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JeremyJ said:
Mine felt like they were at least 40lbs. Way too heavy for a 17" rim.
Well I'm not sure they are that heavy, but I know they are heavy! Come on someone must know!

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,292 Posts
Heavy!!!!!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
This is funny, because I have had this same question for a while, and can't find a definitive answer.

Dodgetalk members can provide you with the detailed wiring diagrams, discertations on air/fuel ratio, briefings on the history of Dr. Z's mustache, but when it comes to the weight of wheels - you'll get zero answers lol

With that being said, I did find this -

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67983

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
Stock 20's(chrome clad with 275 60 20's) weigh 74 lbs! I weighed them 5 mins ago, far less than the 80's and one 98lb claim i heard!

·
Registered
147 Posts
My stock 17" alloy wheels weigh about 28 lbs. I weighed them with knowing the new tire weight mounted & just subtracted 73 lbs. - 45 lbs.(tire weight)

·
Registered
147 Posts
dline, what 305-50-20 tires do you have? The Yokohama Geo's are spec'd at 48 lbs. That would mean your wheels weigh in at 41 lbs.? Pretty dang heavy even for 20" wheels.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
Stock 275 60 20 goodyears with chrome clad 20's are 74lbs I don't have to say it again. Get your stockers and weigh them. Until you do i am right and you are wrong

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
mopar fan said:
Does anyone know the weight of a stock 17" steel chrome rim?
Not sure about the chrome, but I just weighed my 17" unused(full tread) spare and it was 64-65lbs.

·
Registered
147 Posts
hemi1569 said:
Stock 275 60 20 goodyears with chrome clad 20's are 74lbs I don't have to say it again. Get your stockers and weigh them. Until you do i am right and you are wrong
Was this weight with or without the 10lb of tread that you burnt off?...(Just kidding)

·
Registered
35 Posts
DodgeWorm said:
Anyone have any idea the weight of an SRT 22"? I've done a few searches with no results.
Sorry for bumping an old thread but for my first post as a new member I would love to know the answer to this as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.