DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently decided to go with 20" wheels on my D, but I know very little about the Street Truck market, I'm into lifted trucks, and am having trouble figuring out what size tires to mount the wheels on.

The dilemma I have is that my D came with the 265/70/16 tires from the factory, now the closest sizes to the stock tires are 275/50/20 and 295/45/20. Now the 295s are the closest to the stock size, but are they too wide for the truck, or will I have to go with the 275s.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Saint said:
I've recently decided to go with 20" wheels on my D, but I know very little about the Street Truck market, I'm into lifted trucks, and am having trouble figuring out what size tires to mount the wheels on.

The dilemma I have is that my D came with the 265/70/16 tires from the factory, now the closest sizes to the stock tires are 275/50/20 and 295/45/20. Now the 295s are the closest to the stock size, but are they too wide for the truck, or will I have to go with the 275s.
I have Toyo Proxes S/T 295/45/20's on my D. My wheels are 20x9. If the wheels you find are 20x8.5 I would suggest the smaller size, but with 9 or 10 (Rock has 10 on his) the 295's will work good. I have a slight rub backing up and turning with the inside tire slightly rubbing a little bit, but that's common. Even smaller wheels do that with bigger tires, I noticed Bamboo's tires rub a tiny bit like mine with his 17's on.

Despite the very little rub (I will fix this when I have more time), I am very happy I went wider with the 295's.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
Esh is correct. I have 20x10's and run 275/45/20. It's close, but you can go 295. you may have to do a little shaving. Do a price comparison. you may be able to save a few pennies with the 275

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answers guys. Price really isn't a big deal, 6 months in Iraq leaves a person with a lot of disposable income, so I think I'll be going with the 295s.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome back Saint.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Fractal, I've actually been back for a couple of months now, just spending the last of my savings now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.