DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ANybody knows the size of the wheel lugs (the size of the head of the lug I mean). I have a torque wrench and I need to buy the sockets that will fit the Ds lugs which are huge!!! (A bid D needs big Lugs I guess... :D)
I just tried 13/16" but they are obviously too short, I was thinking 7/8" but then I thought they were even bigger, like 15/16".

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, being the case no one has answered yet, it could be because it's too obvious, or because you don't know... either way, I'll post it anyway, our lug size is 23mm in a 6 face format.
The relevance of this is you can use an extendable wrench to loosen your lugs if you ever need it; or/and also use a torque wrench to make sure all lugs are enough and not over tightend.
I don't know if you usually check this, but uneven lug tightness is one of the main reasons rotors get warped (get very hot after spirited driving or downhill trips and then with snow, rain or even at ambient cooling, they get slowly deformed by a too tight lug. (Of course with 6 of them there is less chance for this than in a 4 bolt vehicle, but the principle is still the same...)

·
Alcohol Aficionado
283 Posts
That's good info, I'd never really given those too much thought except when one of the lugs snapped off my old Gen 1 D after having my wheels balanced...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.