DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i go around corners and give my truck some gas i can feel the rear bouncing up an and down like if i were doing a burnout and i was getting wheel hop. How do i prevent it bouncing when i go around corners. I heard something about spring clamps but i havent bought them yet. Oh and i have 2" poly drop shackles.

Thanks

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
I noticed mine doin that with the poly drop shackles.. I dont think the aftermarket shackles fit as tight so there is some movement goin on.. Which shacles do you have??

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
06ramhemi said:
I noticed mine doin that with the poly drop shackles.. I dont think the aftermarket shackles fit as tight so there is some movement goin on.. Which shackles do you have??
which shackles would you be referring to??

BellTech.GroundForce and others I have used fit just the same as stock.

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
slammed1 said:
which shackles would you be referring to??

BellTech.GroundForce and others I have used fit just the same as stock.
Mine were the ground force and after i took them back off for the drop i noticed where the bolts went through they are walored out a little.. Truck had bad wheel hop then.. None with the mcgaughys now...

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
slammed1 said:
you have pics of these shackles???
I'll take you 1 when i get home.. Also with the 2 inch poly's when i would hit a bump or go over speed bumps i'd get a loud bang sometimes.. Just seemed like the truck was looser in the rear.. If i stood on the rear bumper and jumped up and down it wouldnt do it..

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
Here is what they are.. showed up in a ground force box but are suspention max... Good ole Ebay...

Attachments

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
No i actually bought these off ebay before i even had my truck.. paid like 30 bucks total.. JUNK is correct..

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
is the problem when you accelerate around corners?
if so it may be the rear end. my truck still does this but if i go slow around corners, no problem.
ya know, traction bars get rid of wheel hop and increase traction wet/dry.
where could someone get those???

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought mine off here....they couldnt tell me what brand they were.....he thought they might be DJM but he wasnt for sure. And yes he said he got them from you slammed 1.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
clamp yur leafs in front of the axle (see pic)...I went from hoppin all over the place to nice smooth burnouts...hehe...

Attachments

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
chefred112 said:
clamp yur leafs in front of the axle (see pic)...I went from hoppin all over the place to nice smooth burnouts...hehe...
you actually used the clamps as they were intended........you didnt put them on the overload which would have dropped the rear more and stiffened up the rear also. Old drag racers used to place 3-4 or even 5 spring clamps on the front leafs to stiffen the leaf packs for more solid launches and less spring wrap.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
..thanks Brian...remember when I had the exact same problem right after my drop?...I just looked at the spring and saw where they would separate under stress, hence the wheel hop, clamped them down and was amazed that the hop went away totally, not just a little either...

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
slammed1 said:
what did they look like??
Here are some pics of them on the truck....i didnt take any of them before i put them on so you probably cant tell what brand they are:

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
looks like bell-tech to me..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts