DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has had trouble with front wheel bearings making noise on a 98 ram 1500 4x4?My 94 1500 4x4 i never had any problems and traded it off at 110,000.The 98 only has 40,000 miles and bearings on drivers side are starting to make noise.Any one else??

·
Registered
8 Posts
if you mean the vaccum lines on top of the transfer case then I did check those in fact i even traced them back to where they get the vaccum very interesting i must say that was a task in its self. Anyway I did split it and I am sure that I lined it up right I will check it again to make sure just in cse anymore Ideas would be great thanks a lot for your time

·
Registered
8 Posts
crap sorry wrong post I am having a few problems myself with my 4x4 anyway I have never seen a wheel bearing go out at 45000. But it is metal and sometimes things just wear faster than they are meant to. is your alignment good on the tires. the pitch also. what kind of noise does it make.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats ok its making the typical grinding noise.Fresh tires old one where wearing good fresh alignment.Its still under service contract so it will only cost $50.00 but still was wondering if I should get diffrent brand of bearing if the problem was with bearings.Thanks

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
My recommendation would be to use Timken bearings lubed with synthetic bearing grease. The synthetic grease won't break down like the petroleum type. Just a thought.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah I would as soon as possible it will cost you around I want to say 400 but better than replaceing the axels. anyway you can't take the wheel bearings out and grease them yourself because they are a sealed hub. so you would have to buy new ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.