DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any downfalls to using wheel adapters on our trucks? reason i ask is that i got a a set of rims and tires for free from my cousin but they are 6 lug. i tow my boat with the truck and occasionaly load it up pretty good. would there be an issue? obviously i would be better off getting rims that have the same pattern but ill never find a set of rims for the same price that i can buy wheel adapters for.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no opinions or info?

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
thickness of the adapters can be an issue as well as NO Name brands.........If you do it make sure the adapter is thick enough for safety and strong enough as well from a Good Brand. Also make sure the lug studs are good quality. Remember the thicker the adapters are and the offset of the wheels you are using may stick them out further.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
What he said, if you are set on getting adapters I would make sure they are from a well known company. Who knows what kind of mess you may get into buying a no name brand. I know Skulte makes a good wheel adapter but I'm not sure if they make them for our trucks. I know they make alot of them for Camaros and Firebirds.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was looking at wheeladapters.com they make the dually adapters and some one recommended them to me. anyone here using adapters on their truck?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im pricing out the adapters to see if its even worth it. how thick of an adapter should i get for an 18 x 9 rim with a +2mm offset and 5 in backspacing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.