DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I'm LOVING EVERYTHING about the Dart.

The inside at night is a symphony of subtle lighting, absolutely beautiful...

EXCEPT, right in the middle of the instrument cluster there's a BRIGHT GREEN LED BLASTING YOU IN THE FACE THAT'S ON ALL THE TIME when your lights are on. WTF. You can't dim it either.

It really is STUPID. You would think by looking out the front window you would have enough of a reminder that your lights were on?

I'm going to see if the dealer can zap that light with the computer. If not, I'm going to have to apply some electrical tape over it. It's just annoying to have to jury rig something because the designers had a brain fart. Everything else on this car is BRILLIANT. This light is WAAAAYYY STUPID.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
:nta

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
pic?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Not a great shot, but the light is on the right and I didn't dim the instruments so it's brighter if the instruments are dimmer... either way, look at the glare it throws! :bawl:

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
With all the pictures and info I could find online, I'm taking an educated guess here. In some of the pictures, it shows a gas pump where that real bright green light is located on your dash. I believe it's for a low fuel warning light. I believe you have faulty instrument cluster.

:imo

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With all the pictures and info I could find online, I'm taking an educated guess here. In some of the pictures, it shows a gas pump where that real bright green light is located on your dash. I believe it's for a low fuel warning light. I believe you have faulty instrument cluster.

I went to the dealer today, and they had a Dart with the analogue instrument display. That's EVEN WORSE, the "Parking light/Headlight On indicator" (same bright green LED light) is FRONT AND CENTER in those displays!!! And the function is exactly the same, it comes on when the lights are turned on.

The service department says that it's something ONLY Chrysler can fix with a FLASH update... (He also mentioned that they did something like this when the Challengers first came out because there was a shift indicator light that was way too bright that people were complaining about, so they sometimes correct mistakes this way if enough people complain.)

I filed a "STAR" case with the dealer, and filed an escalated case with Chrysler Care to let them know someone screwed up on this thing.

In the mean time it's electrical tape time! :rolleyes::bawl::YO:

With all the evident serious attention to detail that obviously went into making and designing this car, DIDN'T ANYONE EVER DRIVE IT AT NIGHT????

:ugh

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Maybe it was these guys .... :dunno:

Attachments

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Keep us posted OK?

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
I was at the dealer today and asked about your green LED light. We looked around and couldn't find a dash like the one in your Dart. The service writer I was with took a wide guess and said he thought it might be a Daytime Running Light (DRL) Indicator. He said if that was the case, they wouldn't be able to make any changes because it's part of the safety equipment. But when I checked online, the DRL Indicator is at the top of the gauge cluster and it's for Canadian vehicle only.

:dunno:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was at the dealer today and asked about your green LED light. We looked around and couldn't find a dash like the one in your Dart. The service writer I was with took a wide guess and said he thought it might be a Daytime Running Light (DRL) Indicator. He said if that was the case, they wouldn't be able to make any changes because it's part of the safety equipment. But when I checked online, the DRL Indicator is at the top of the gauge cluster and it's for Canadian vehicle only.

:dunno:
Interesting. All you have to do is turn the parking lights on and the green light comes on. It was on a Rally model with the analogue gauges right in the center of the display...

The owner's manual does state "if so equipped." So maybe not all of them have it, though I'm real curious why some would and some wouldn't.

It's hard to miss if it's there, even in the daytime!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Could it be something unique to Canadian safety laws? (such as, for instance, DRL's are not required in the US but are in Canada)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Wow that is bright!

I would use painters tape.

I think electrical tape will maybe leave behind glue you don't want after a few days baking in the sun.

·
Registered
323 Posts
its not just the Canadian models. I just bought a Rallye edition with the normal gauges, and when I am out at night it has that bright green light as well.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
I have the non led cluster and the green lights are not the bright must just be because of the led cluster

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Just bought the SXT/Ralley yesterday. Th green light is in the middle of the cluster and kinda annoying. its for the drls/
Smitty
So it's not a Canada only thing ... that sucks. I'd be at my dealer telling them to dim-it or turn it off now!

·
Registered
2 Posts
seriously?? its just a little green indicator that tells u ur lights r on... mine has 2, 1 for parking lights, 1 for fog lights... doesn't even bother me... DRL light is different... tells u ur DRL's r on, so u remember to turn ur regular lights on after dark... dunno how many people i see driving at night with just their DRL's on... mostly honda's and toyota's... that don't have auto lights... wake up people...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts