DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed not long after i got the truck that the driver's side seat has stretched. ive read on other forums that the leather seats in the 09s are deforming also. whats up with this??? its not because of the heated or cooling seats cause i havent even used them a lot. its not really botherin me a whole lot but just wanted to know if anyone elses is messin up also. guess ill just get the dealer to replace them later if it gets too bad.

·
you might be wrong
480 Posts
mine are doing the same thing. I think it has to do with the fact that they are cooled, therefor have little holes in them and get stretched out more so than the other ones. I have not seen the non ventilated ones, but assume they would not do this quite as fast. As long as it holds up, and does not rip, it can look like whatever, I sit on it, I dont care what it looks like

·
Registered
92 Posts
The real reason is the materiel selected is not suitable.

Other vehicles, Lincolns for one, have had air conditioned seats for years and their seats do not wrinkle like this, especially in just months/low miles!

This will eventually be fixed by Dodge, lets just hope its voluntary and we dont have to force them.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
all leather will show some wear it's just the nature of it. BUT they do use the chapest leather they can so I would suspect the material is just not that good as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.