DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my dash apart this morning to permanently wire my radar detector and noticed a wire running up beside the cigarette lighter with a 2 pin connector on the end. There's a similar one on the other side. They're not connected to anything, but I'm wondering what option they would be for. The truck is an 05 SLT QC. It's obvious they're for an option I don't have, but what is it?

· Tank Mech
3,911 Posts
I think the one on the other side is for the cup holder light. Not sure what the one by the cigarette lighter is.

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured the one on the passenger side might be for the airbag switch, but the white and black one on the driver's side near the cig lighter has me baffled. The cupholder lights might be what it's for though.

Thanks.

· Registered
4,012 Posts
Its a relay for the flux capasitor. ;)

· Registered
279 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Its for the cupholder/ashtray lights that were optional. They are easy to install and cost about 15 dollars.

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aw, so no flux capacitor then? Damn, I always wanted one of them too! Do the factory cupholder lights dim with the interior or do they stay at full brightness?

· Vertically-Challenged
15,566 Posts
kruser79 said:
I think the one on the other side is for the cup holder light. Not sure what the one by the cigarette lighter is.
We have a light for the cup holders? I had no idea. Tonight i might have to go out and take a look.

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
Only vehicles ordered with the "light group" have the cupholder and ashtray lights. Usually on the trucks, all of the Laramie models will have the light group.

· RamFever
606 Posts
geerhead said:
Aw, so no flux capacitor then? Damn, I always wanted one of them too! Do the factory cupholder lights dim with the interior or do they stay at full brightness?
They aren't that bright, just enough light to see the cup holder.

· Vertically-Challenged
15,566 Posts
FreeLantz said:
Only vehicles ordered with the "light group" have the cupholder and ashtray lights. Usually on the trucks, all of the Laramie models will have the light group.
When i made my post i forgot i wasnt at home and im also 300 miles away from home w/o my truck. (my bad) but Lantz, does my big horn edition have the cup holder lights? J/w. (i know its not a laramie)

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Not necessarily sammy boy. I have a BigHorn as well and I don't have it. If you have the underhoodlight (I dont, but my damn '02 did) and a light in the passenger sunvisor then you should have the cupholder light.

KB

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
SamCarroll said:
When i made my post i forgot i wasnt at home and im also 300 miles away from home w/o my truck. (my bad) but Lantz, does my big horn edition have the cup holder lights? J/w. (i know its not a laramie)
Well, it could. If your truck has the light group, it will have the cupholder and ashtray lights, as well as an under-hood light. A Big Horn edition is the same thing as the Lone Star edition we have in Texas, and probably does not have the light group unless the dealer specifically ordered it that way.

I just discovered tonight that my new Dakota has the cupholder light, and it made me very happy. :) This was one of the few things I really missed when I traded my '99 Ram for the '02. Only problem is, my Dak has no under-hood light. :crazy: I'll have to get one put in, because that's a necessity!

· Vertically-Challenged
15,566 Posts
Now this will throw you off and it might even confuse myself. I believe i have the passenger light in the visor mirror. But i dont have the hood light (Dumb thing on Dodge) And i dont know if i have the cupholder light. I could be totally wrong though.

· Vertically-Challenged
15,566 Posts
FreeLantz said:
I just discovered tonight that my new Dakota has the cupholder light, and it made me very happy. :)
NICE!!!! Rock out with your .......um SWEET DUDE! :rck:
I wish i had the underhood light.

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
SamCarroll said:
Now this will throw you off and it might even confuse myself. I believe i have the passenger light in the visor mirror. But i dont have the hood light (Dumb thing on Dodge) And i dont know if i have the cupholder light. I could be totally wrong though.
Nah, that actually makes sense.....kinda. ;) All of the Ram SLT's have the vanity mirror. On the '02 it was not lighted, but I guess they are now. That's not part of the light group though.

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
SamCarroll said:
NICE!!!! Rock out with your .......um SWEET DUDE! :rck:
I wish i had the underhood light.
LOL... and yeah, like I said it's really a must. I mean, first and foremost it's necessary if you ever have to work on the truck at night. But also, when you want to just show someone the engine at night and have no light, it makes the whole truck seem kinda cheap. I really don't understand why they made such an essential item optional. :WHT:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.