DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
^BIG D^
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see people posting about it, but it is not an available package on the Dodge site.

What is it?

·
Registered
287 Posts
The Big Horn Package is a regional package that includes the Luxury Group, Dual Rear Exhaust, Chrome Grille w/ Chrome Inserts, Halogen Quad Headlamps, Fog Lamps, 20" x 8" Aluminum Wheels, and Unique Badging.

Package requires 5.7L HEMI[Crew 1500 only]

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the Big Horn truck, its a very nice truck, I really love it. It has all the options I need.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I spent a lot of money de-horning my Big Horn.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It should be available when you choose the CrewCab option. Also, from what I can tell and from my salesman tells me, the Big Horn and Lone Star package are identical. Lone Star just has different badging, but the included items/options are the same. You might also have to choose the Hemi.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yes, as seg316 said, the Lone Star Package is the exact same package as the Big Horn. It just depends on where you live....

·
Registered
221 Posts
The lonestar package and bighorn are the exact same thing as the sport except the color bumper is on the sport. The seats are also if you have the right package with them.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The Big Horn package is a BFH in the bed it is so big I was loosing milage,and when it went off it scared the crap out of people. Another big horn package is power seats ,leather wheel,cruze ,tilt,rear slide window,mostely all the goodies.

·
Registered
594 Posts
the bighorn just includes a really loud horn

jk haha its a special package with mostly chrome updates

·
Registered
378 Posts
The Big Horn and Lonestar are available at just about any dealer from what I've been told. It's just the dealers preference as to if they want to order them and have them on there lot. I have a buddy that bought a Big Horn edition up in Chicago recently and before I gave in and ordered mine just about every dealer here in Florida that I went to had the Big Horns as well. The Lone Star I'm not to sure about. They are basicly appearance packages similiar to the ThunderRoad package on my 05. But newer stuff. Sometimes they look like the dealer just ordered a somewhat loaded truck and put the speciality badges on themselves. I know none of them had near the options I'm getting in my truck, cause if they did I might have went that route before ordering.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
it's something that carried over from the 3gs that many people liked

·
Registered
493 Posts
the bighorn just includes a really loud horn

jk haha its a special package with mostly chrome updates

You know what is sad? When I was looking at RAMs a little over a year ago I was looking at a used 2006 w/the Big Horn package. It was at a chevy dealer here locally, and when I asked what the "Big Horn" package was the guy had no clue. He seriously said "It comes with a louder horn" and then proceeded to honk the horn. I didn't know what to do, my buddy and I just looked at each other like wtf is dude smoking?? Needless to say we left and never returned, I won't buy from someone who knows nothing about what they're trying to sell.

But! I'm glade I waited to buy over a year later because now I have my new 09. :rck:

·
Registered
378 Posts
You know what is sad? When I was looking at RAMs a little over a year ago I was looking at a used 2006 w/the Big Horn package. It was at a chevy dealer here locally, and when I asked what the "Big Horn" package was the guy had no clue. He seriously said "It comes with a louder horn" and then proceeded to honk the horn. I didn't know what to do, my buddy and I just looked at each other like wtf is dude smoking?? Needless to say we left and never returned, I won't buy from someone who knows nothing about what they're trying to sell.

But! I'm glade I waited to buy over a year later because now I have my new 09. :rck:
Sad but so true!

When I was test driving trucks before I ordered mine the sales"persons" knew absolutely nothing about these trucks or about the options what so ever. They all wanted to know why I wanted 3.92 rear end and what it did. I was driving a laramie and the guy was trying to tell me that in order to use the uconnect bluetooth that I had to pay a subscription fee to my cell phone provider. I had to show him how it worked in my wifes Nitro. They didnt know the rear view/ hitch camera was an option for the trucks and they thought that the RamBox was only available on the Laramies. The list goes on. They eventually said to me and my wife that I know more about the trucks then they do so they will just let me shop. Seeing them studder and calling them out on Bullshiz was entertaining to say the least.

Then he had to nerve to bitch about how he just recently came back off salary to comission and how he was going to be hurtin this month cause he hasnt made any sales. I wonder why?

db

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.