DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone Im having a little trouble thinking of what mod to do next? So im looking for any opinions and what would be best for HP!!! and efficiency!
Please Help!!

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts
headers. electric fan. CAM!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
yes.. what he said, also gears, altho being a 4x4 it's a little more expensive. if u havent changed your Y PIPE thats what u should do right now, it's very cheap and helps a lot!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of headers are recommended I was thinking edelbrock tes? And what can be done to the y-pipe and how much? thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
http://www.airram.com/FLOMAST_XY.htm heres the link where u can buy the y pipe, all there gonna charge at the muffler shop is the welding, which i think shouldnt be over 50 dls. i don't have headers right now, but i think im getting the pace setter longtubes, heres the link to those http://www.airram.com/PACESETTER.htm for the install of thhea headers, they quoted me 300 dollars, but it's usually higher.

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts
get pacesetter longtubes and pacesetter y-pipe

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
i just ordered my headers and y pipe from jethot great deal
and also ordered my 6.1 cam but was thinking of selling it already yes and getting the 218! gotta love that lope

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
geterdone04 said:
and also ordered my 6.1 cam but was thinking of selling it already yes and getting the 218! gotta love that lope
and all the tuning problems you would be going through...I wouldnt do it until the tuning is resolved.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
isnt the 218 no tuning needed? damn im so confused haha
i wanted to just wait till the tuning and all the problems were fixed but i read 2 or 3 people just had superchips and it worked great
oh well maybe ill keep er:p

OH did you replace your cam bolt when you did the swap or use the stocker

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
geterdone04 said:
isnt the 218 no tuning needed? damn im so confused haha
i wanted to just wait till the tuning and all the problems were fixed but i read 2 or 3 people just had superchips and it worked great
oh well maybe ill keep er:p

OH did you replace your cam bolt when you did the swap or use the stocker
The 210 is supposed to be superchips friendly, but that is only true on about 50% of the trucks...so there is still a good chance that it wont run properly on yours.

And Yes, I replaced the cam bolt

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Will a 6.1 cam yield more seat of the pants power than pacesetter lt's with ypipe? I can get my cam for 104 bucks. Just wondering.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
hemi1569 said:
Will a 6.1 cam yield more seat of the pants power than pacesetter lt's with ypipe? I can get my cam for 104 bucks. Just wondering.
You will feel a better gain with the cam than you will with headers/y-pipe

UNLESS...you do headers, y-pipe, and cutout before the cats...This will yeild the same hp, but about 20-30rwtq more than the cam will.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
I'm also pretty sure you wouldn't get the full effect from any cam swap without headers. The cam will help the engine breathe in, and the headers will help it breathe out.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
sawcut64 said:
I'm also pretty sure you wouldn't get the full effect from any cam swap without headers. The cam will help the engine breathe in, and the headers will help it breathe out.
Exactly!! The headers will perform better with the cam and the cam will perform better with the headers. If it were me, I would do the headers, y-pipe, cutout first...and then do the cam after that.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone have a link for the headers and y pipe? and pic of y pipe? thanks guys!!

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what did you use for cats?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.