DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Ecclesiastes 12:11-14
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we are all manly men here fellas :cheers: :5191AR15firing::greenchaibut I have to ask a geek question :teacher: :comtyp: :STY:.

Does anyone know the name of the official dodge power wagon font found on the emblems...or do they have a digitized emblem they can send a brutha?

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
I know we are all manly men here fellas :cheers: :5191AR15firing::greenchaibut I have to ask a geek question :teacher: :comtyp: :STY:.

Does anyone know the name of the official dodge power wagon font found on the emblems...or do they have a digitized emblem they can send a brutha?

Nope! Don't know. Good question though.

·
RedMan
2,487 Posts
It has to be a basic stamp from who ever makes them. There is no font with this one, I have put it up to every font in the book and nothing matches, even tried them in bold, italic, either way nothing, sorry. But in my 2 cents, it looks to be in block style bold.

·
Ecclesiastes 12:11-14
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies everyone and the effort of looking; I'll be speaking with some people this week who do graphics to see if they can digitize from a photo or if they need an actual emblem.

The font does look similar to the corporate Dodge Ram font from what I recall; more like the whatever..maybe 05?-07?. I know the RAM emblem on the sides got much thicker in 08 and 09. It may very well be too that they were looking to duplicate, in some small way, the lettering of the old 60's PWs. Notice the similarity:

I haven't dropped the dinero for MS Office yet and couldn't play with all of the fonts, just had some in MS word processor found in Works. Once I get this digitized (if I can) then it's possible to make stickers and even have stuff machined with the PW lettering on it. It's funny, looking on various sites, to see how the lettering has changed over the years. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
No silly, it's called "ENVY". LOL

·
Labrador Retrievers rule!
1,794 Posts
Possibly not a standard font at all. Could be custom designed on CAD program.

·
Wes Barton
17 Posts
Thanks for the replies everyone and the effort of looking; I'll be speaking with some people this week who do graphics to see if they can digitize from a photo or if they need an actual emblem.

The font does look similar to the corporate Dodge Ram font from what I recall; more like the whatever..maybe 05?-07?. I know the RAM emblem on the sides got much thicker in 08 and 09. It may very well be too that they were looking to duplicate, in some small way, the lettering of the old 60's PWs. Notice the similarity:

I haven't dropped the dinero for MS Office yet and couldn't play with all of the fonts, just had some in MS word processor found in Works. Once I get this digitized (if I can) then it's possible to make stickers and even have stuff machined with the PW lettering on it. It's funny, looking on various sites, to see how the lettering has changed over the years. Thanks again guys.
That will be nice to figure out the font. If you do please post. I debadged my PW because the emblems were chrome. I going for no chrome at all, and would like to have the PW emblems as black stickers. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
That will be nice to figure out the font. If you do please post. I debadged my PW because the emblems were chrome. I going for no chrome at all, and would like to have the PW emblems as black stickers. :gr_patrio
Then check out Geno's Garage. They have em.

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Is that your new place to hang out at? LOL :D
They do have some cool stuff on there. I will be adding a pair of those $240 coolers & a temp gauge when money allows.

"Hey hon, I found this new site that has all this cool stuff for our truck" LOL I think I am going to be banned from the computer, LOL.:kabong::nutkick:

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
I just checked out Geno's. :tup: Got some nice stuff if your into smokers. LOL Notice the powerchoke stuff is in closeouts. LOL
If you're getting a temp gauge for the tranny. Get an electrical sender. I had a mechanical sender on my '99 4x4 Sport auto. It was a PITA when I wanted to do a tranny service. Also with a mechanical sender. It's attached to the gauge. No wires, just tubing. It's hard to fish the tubing threw everything down to the tranny without kinking it. If it gets kinked, you're SCREWED! Time for new gauge. I got an Autometer temp gauge sitting in the garage that's bad because the tubing got kinked. :mad:

·
1,794 Posts

·
Wes Barton
17 Posts
Then check out Geno's Garage. They have em.
I've used Geno's multiple times, I used to have a Cummins. Their website is tailored towards diesels.
I've seen the power wagon decals on their site, and unforunatley the font is not the same nor the right size. I want my truck to look like it has factory black decals.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Our truck has the same trans as the diesels. They also sell the steering brace & new steering shaft. Lots of stuff on there to fit our trucks.

·
1,794 Posts
Our truck has the same trans as the diesels.....
Only the stick. The newer Cummins autos have a higher torque capacity necessary for the extra grunt of the Diesel.

·
Wes Barton
17 Posts
Why don't you paint yours and put them back on ???? or do you really have a set ???:D
Well, after taking them off there is no sticky left on the back. Not to mention they come off individually and getting them all back on straight would be nearly impossible.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Well, after taking them off there is no sticky left on the back. Not to mention they come off individually and getting them all back on straight would be nearly impossible.
I put mine back on-soak them in rubbing alcohol to get the backing off-draw a straight line on the door as a guide with a fine tip sharpie-glue them on with clear silicon.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts